Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Two Questions for the more experienced

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two Questions for the more experienced

I'm fairly new to crappie fishing and trying to learn. Perhaps you can help this old guy trying to learn how to catch more crappie. Two questions I need help with:

1) Is the Fall a good time to troll crankbaits? I experimented with it some this summer and had reasonably good success. As the water cools and crappie move toward the shallows, I wonder if there are enough fish left in the deeper water for trolling cranks to be effective.

2) I've been reading about fishing with the "glow" tubes. Is the glow feature much of a benefit. I noticed where the people fishing at Sardis lake in Mississippi were talking about using chartreuse glow tubes this Spring. The water was a bit muddy at that time, I believe.

I would appreciate any help you could offer with these two topics.

Thanks...Dan

Post Thanks / Like

1. Trolling Crankbaits Is Usually Productive Anytime, Troll Shallow If You Need To.
    2. I Like The Glow Tubes Anytime, Just Like Any Kind Of Fishing, Different Days Calls For Different Baits.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glow Tubes & Crankbaits

Thanks for reply. Do you just slow down to run the cranks more shallow or change to a shallower running bait?

Dan