Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best Duct Tape Story Ever

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Duct Tape Story Ever

During a private "fly-in" fishing excursion in the Alaskan wilderness, the chartered pilot and fishermen left a cooler and bait in the plane. And a bear smelled it.

This is what he did to the plane.
    Name:  plane.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  44.4 KBName:  plane1.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  46.4 KBName:  plane2.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  49.6 KBName:  plane3.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  51.6 KB
    The pilot used his radio and had another pilot bring him 2 new tires, 3 cases of duct tape, and a supply of sheet plastic...

He patched the plane together, and FLEW IT HOME !
    Name:  plane4.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  41.1 KBName:  plane5.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  44.3 KB

Duct Tape ?

Never Leave Home Without It

The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"

Post Thanks / Like

Sure does look like some of DonDon's handy work all right!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

To save weight going to the Moon, NASA briefly considered "deleting' the military grade duct tape from the Apollo missions, reasoning "WHAT on a multi million dollar space craft can you possible "fix' with it ?" WITHOUT it, Apollo 13 very likely WOULD NOT have returned with the crew alive. At least to the end of the Space Shuttle program it was a "REQUIRED" item on every flight...

Post Thanks / Like

This pilot has been watching Myth Busters wayyyyy tooooo much!!!
    Member Of Team GetDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

In the USN during the 1980`s due to accusations of over charging the Navy, we ran low on quick disconnect panel fasteners. An OLD line chief said the same thing happened in Viet Nam, and the "Phantom II" jet fighter squadron he was with resorted to putting 2 good quick release fasteners on each leading edge of the panels, then VERY THOROUGHLY cleaning the painted surfaces and covering the seam lines with military grade duct tape with the corners carefully rounded and 2 small holes punched into the duct tape on the seam line to equalize the air pressure, then hit briefly with a heat gun. Our guinie pig F-14 "Tomcat" took the catapult shot and went supersonic with a chase plane to check it out. He also did several manouvers; ALL the panels AMAZINGLY stayed attached ! We and every other squadron aboard ship flew that way for about 2 months; duct tape became a PRECIOUS commodity...

Post Thanks / Like

I used to never go racing without it.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRPEPPER View Post
    I used to never go racing without it.
    DP
    every race team needs some 200 mph tape in their toolbox.

My favorite use for duct tape is keep someone quiet that won't shut up
    always remember = silence is golden & duct tape is silver
    The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"

Post Thanks / Like

My father was an engineer that helped design and build the AstroDome in Houston, Texas in the early 60's. It was a great wonder at the time, but over the years they began to notice the ceiling would sag a bit after a heavy snow. Finally, in the mid 80's, we had the Blizzard of 85 and there was six feet of snow accumlated on the dome. The ceiling sagged so much that the players could reach up and touch it. This was a real problem you see for hitting anything other than a grounder caused a major ricochet of the baseball. So, they jacked the roof back up to it's original level, then went around to all the heavy metal beams, and duct-taped to reinforce the strength. It worked so well they just left it like that. Now, anyone doubting this piece of trivia, just come on down to the Oklahoma forum and you'll be treated to some really tall tales. Catching a 4 pound crappie in that forum happens every day. Cheers, Stink

Post Thanks / Like

"Googled" and found out that duct tape IS, by international "understanding", a "REQUIRED" item on the International Space Station! Gee, save 1 Apollo mission, and NASA is likely to drag you to Mars and back!