Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Contribution #4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Contribution #4

OK guys, this one is serious..........I PROMISE!!!!
    Due to my wife's recent concerns that I may love my boat more than her, my recent fishing trips have been limited to the occasional 1hr detour to the local community pond after work(shhhhhh). This has given me an opportunity to really fine tune my casting skills. Once I find a spot that is producing good fish for someone, I will join them. I always make sure to keep at least an elbows distance between us, I wouldn't want to invade their space. At this point, I begin to fan cast my jig, starting on the left bank and working my way around, covering the whole area real good. After the third or fourth cast, I usually get a pretty bad rats nest. I hear lots of people talk about re-spooling, or using reel magic. PFFT!!! A good rat's nest is a really great way to hone your skills! As I work meticulously on my new project, I realize that the fish must have quit biting because my new fishing partner has left. But thats OK because by the time I get everything straightened out, it is time to go anyway. Remember guys, lots of people make it look easy, but being a LOSER takes practice. Don't be discouraged and keep reading my posts. I PROMISE, you'll be a LOSER no time.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

I thought everybody did this, I guess I took it for granted that everybody knew of this method.

I prefer to do this in a boat, and drop the anchor right next to the marker buoy. Works exceptionally on Conway in the pool.

You Can Make a Difference!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LMBarnett View Post
    I thought everybody did this, I guess I took it for granted that everybody knew of this method.

I prefer to do this in a boat, and drop the anchor right next to the marker buoy. Works exceptionally on Conway in the pool.
    Lol! I call that the buddy maneuver. "Heeeyyy buudddy!!! Longtime no see! What's that you say? An orange thingy wrapped in my trolling motor? It's yours? Oh, sorry buddy!
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cmj View Post
    Lol! I call that the buddy maneuver. "Heeeyyy buudddy!!! Longtime no see! What's that you say? An orange thingy wrapped in my trolling motor? It's yours? Oh, sorry buddy!
    Now that was funny!
    Is winter over yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing was intended, by the good Lord, to be a team sport. Any time you see a guy having to haul all those fish in by himself it is your sacred duty to go over and lend a helping hand!
    Is winter over yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cmj View Post
    Exact conversation, you know this move also? Glad I ain't alone in this.

You Can Make a Difference!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LMBarnett View Post
    Exact conversation, you know this move also? Glad I ain't alone in this.
    I invented it. Sounds like a good topic for #5.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Ya'll just ain't right!
    THE Nimrod Kid

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually witnessed this in action a few years back. Of course the technique wasn't as fine tuned as Chris has it.

Carol had broken her knee cap and she could not get into the boat so we did some bank fishing over at lake X. We had happened upon a good school of crappie and was catching one pretty often. As sometimes happens, this attracted some attention. Carol had just threw a good slab from lake X (about 8 inches long) into the cooler when this dude comes up with a telescoping pole that was 20ft long if it was an inch. He says to Carol AS THEIR SHOULDERS TOUCH "some people have all the luck". With that statement, WITH THEIR SHOULDERS STILL TOUCHING, he flips his bait in the same direction Carol is fishing. Fortunately for us, that day, the fish were 21 feet off the bank and he couldn't reach them with his 20 ft pole, so he moved on.

Honest absolutely true story.

Don't get me started on people fishing your marker
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.