Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay Glen trip Jun 2and 3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okay Glen trip Jun 2and 3

Caught to Glen Elder and off loaded our stuff at fins and feather lodge, On Sat Jun 1, hit the water after getting minnows at lakeside convenience store, ordered 4 dozen they counted four dozen. Hit the water at 0630 tried various places , no luck saw some boats up by dam thought we take a look. Started catching fish in 12 foot of water, minnows only would not take a plan jig or even one with nibbles. Okay needless to say ran out of minnows around 1130 went over to the marina, bought 5 dozen, awful minnows, they said they were mediums but had small ones mixed in and the count was no more than 5 maybe less and not very healthy, will never buy minnow there again.

Anyway we caught a limit by 1400 keep 40 to clean, one tagged fish, it was worth 25 bucks so not bad, paid for the minnows.

Weather was great wind North around 10 sometime less just perfect;

as it was forecast to rain a storms the next two days we headed Home after cleaning the fish, sure is a nice cleaning station there wish we had those on out Eastern lakes.

Okay Morning of the 3rd, wind forecast to blow 15 to 25 gust over 35, when was supposed to be full on at 1000 am, made sure we would be on lake early, bought our minnows at the lake side store, same deal counted out but minnows were nice sized for mediums and healthy. Okay got on the water at 0615 went to dam same spot and the bite was on. Buy 0730 we had 20 in the boat then the wind came up blowing right down the dam soon as the wind came up the bite went South could not catch a thing, fought the wind for awhile gave up as lost cause, we wound up with 22 and one tagged fish worth another 25 bucks, so I guess figure minnows were free. Pics of mon fish, smallmouth was s Sunday fish.Name:  2013-06-02 08.22.12.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  79.4 KBName:  2013-06-03 09.52.26.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  85.4 KB

all fish caught along dam in 15 to 25 feet of water, males dark but not will get darker, females eggs still firm, did not catch any huge fish but where really nice sized, 11 12 some 13s.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update!! I'll be out there Friday thru Tuesday. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

looks like some nice ones the way they are layin in the bucket

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job.Thanks for the report!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job and thanks for the detailed report and pixs!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job BD, thanks for report! Should of told you to stay away from marina!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Marina is awful for count and minnows, just bad

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good trip for ya.Very nice report and pics .Thank you.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

Only place to buy minnows around the lake in my opinion is at Myers!
    HuskerLand is the name, custom jigs are the game!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job BD, those are some big 'ol males and nice smallmouth too. We are all going to miss the " Little Bait Shop", great people and excellent minnow counts.....so Walleye4 where's Meyers?
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast