Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trollen batterie charger

Post Thanks / Like

Default trollen batterie charger

Whats the best bang for the buck say 100 dollars give or take a little? Thanks

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that the only battery you have to charge ?? If so, you might want to look at something like this : Schumacher Automatic Charger Fully 10 Amp - Walmart.com .... OR ... if you prefer to have the charger with you (onboard), then something like this may be what you're looking for : BatteryMINDer Onboard Battery Charger/Maintainer — 12 Volt, Model# 12151 | Battery Maintainers| Northern Tool + Equipment

If you have 2 or more batteries that need charging after a days fishing, you might want to consider something more along these lines : Amazon.com: MinnKota MK 210D On-Board Battery Charger (2 Banks, 5 amps per bank): Sports & Outdoors

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

The Minn Kota's have worked great for me.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

has anybody used a charger that allows the trolling motor to be charged when the big motor is running.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger R61 View Post
    has anybody used a charger that allows the trolling motor to be charged when the big motor is running.
    Most newer engines, over 10 HP, these days come with a built in alternator, which essentially reverse charges your battery while your main engine is running. Depending on how much you run either engine, during the course of the day, will determine the success of that device. Not sure if there are any after-market devices/alternators that can be put on your engine, if it already doesn't have one though.

Before you invest in any on-board battery charger, look into a device I used for about 6 years with my Crestliner: it's called the "StayN'Charge". Very cost effective and it kept the 2 batteries on my boat always ready. But this device is for towed water craft, not docked, as the tow vehicles alternator does the charging for you. Replaced only one of those batteries, just before I sold the rig, so I know this device works. Do a google on it and you may be surprised. Cost effective as well.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Stay-n-charge also makes a system that does both charge from tow rig and outboard i believe its called the all charge. Btw the company is top notch

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the MInn Kotas!
    Biguns Pro Guide Service 662-424-2551, B'n'M Pro Staff, Engel Coolers Pro Staff, Ego Nets Pro Staff, Cumberland Crappie Pro Staff, Wise Boat Seats Pro Staff, Southern Pro Pro Staff, Pap's Hair Jigs Pro Staff, The Edge Multifunction Trolling Motor Bracket Pro Staff, Enjoy What God has given us and remember take a kid Fishing !

Post Thanks / Like

Schumacher for single battery. Dual-pro for onboard charges, both top notch.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

On board-Bass Pro iXPS that is engineered and made my Pro Mariner for a lower price.

Portable-Schumacher, I have one I use for everything from the lawnmower to the backhoe and it works great. I have the metal cased unit and it has held up to the test of time and rugged farm use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast