Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mounting a transducer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mounting a transducer

Hi Guys
    I just bought a 598 HD SI i installed the transducer in the position of the old 597 when i tried it out Saturday it has some lines up the left side in the middle where the boat is and run in the direction of the boat. I think the transducer he needs dropped down about a little I am over about 15" like the directions say and it is below my jack plate but just a little. My question is has anyone mounted their TD on the side of their jack plate without any problem. I don't like drilling holes in my transom I think I can mount a 2" aluminum angle mount it on the side it would be out of the way and have plenty of clearance. I saw this on one of the youtube ads where they were showing TD shields. Any advice will help Thanks Cub48 PS also the left side don't look as good as the right image!!

Post Thanks / Like

cub48,
    Sounds like you may be getting some blockage of the left Si sonar. Make sure that it is being caused by something on the boat by drifting to see if that line on the left of the centerline in the Si sonar view stays there or goes away.

Many have mounted their Si transducers off the boat’s jack plate. That’s why Scap at Transducer Shield & Saver sells those brackets.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can