Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hillsdale Afternoon 6-2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hillsdale Afternoon 6-2

Spent a couple hours at Hillsdale this afternoon with the family. Fished for about 1.5 hours. Caught a few crappie and one keeper walleye all on slow death rig in 8-12' of water. Walleye bite was pretty good but really couldn't dial it in with all of the activity in the boat. It was a nice evening and the kids had fun. They were a little disappointed since they didn't catch any fish on their poles. Maybe next time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	576602_10201046470351386_1594357022_n.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	127714

Post Thanks / Like

well you got 2 goin and 1 smiling good start

Post Thanks / Like

Cute,Cute,Cute.Nice pic.Looks like there have'n fun.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

I am waiting to take my Lil one on the boat to go fishing. I think he will love it.

How old are the kids? Mine is three but he always wants to just jump in the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

They will be four in about a month. They don't do too bad, but trolling is more up their alley.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had any luck taking kids fishing that are younger than 5 on my boat. The attention span just isn't there to make the trip enjoyable for them or myself. A couple years older than that, and I've been able to keep them interested in for a couple hours.

I was out there on 5/1 from 6:00 to 9:30 p.m. Ended up with 6 keepers. I wandered all over Wade's branch and had trouble catching more than one per location. Everything between 7' to 35' seemed to work. Caught them in both cover and open water. Used 1/8th oz road runner heads with 3" tubes. black/Chartruese and white/yellow seemed to work equally well.

Post Thanks / Like

The most important thing that I have to remind myself is to set realistic expectations. If I take the kids, the priority is not the fishing. It is more about spending the time with the family and giving them the opportunity to learn/experience the outdoors. Right now it is about the boat ride, picnic on the boat, and the bonus if we/kids catch a few fish. A couple of hours is about all they can handle right now.

Post Thanks / Like

The pic is just AWSOME. Cherish the time you have with them because one day...... Really miss my kids being that age, but the seed was sown at that age and the rewards were worth it. The son was fishin walleye tournaments with me at the ripe age of 10 and held his own in the catchin of em too. The daughter now college age always has the time to go fishin with pops. The hard part is sneaking away for a little my time. The biggest concern now is neither one of them find the key for the padlock on the hitch of the boat!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My grand daughters are 6 & 8, started taking then when they were 3. They love to fish, even bait their own hook. I have great memories, I hope they remember also.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics. Chad & nice seeing you at the ramp...I'd say you made the most of the short time on the water...you got some cute little girls and your making good memories and as everyone says enjoy it now because time goes by really really fast!
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast