Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weston electric fillet knife

Post Thanks / Like

Default weston electric fillet knife

Anyone ever use one of these? My Mr. Twister finally bit the dust, after years of good service.

Post Thanks / Like

I just had a old Twister quit too and bought a new one and thinking the motor in this new one is not as strong as the old one. Also I see a deal that says you can send the old one back and they will fix it for $10.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Send me the details of the 10.00 repair on the twister and I will give it a shot. thx

Post Thanks / Like

Your welcome.
    318-377-8818 is their number, I don't have the address right now, but it said in the new one that if out of warranty if you send it back with $10 they will fix it!

good luck,
    skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Default While on the subject of electric fillet knives . . .

I've heard the new American Angler electric knives are not as good as the old ones. Should I still get a new one or should I go another way?
    Thanks dad for teaching me to love crappie fishing!!

Post Thanks / Like

they are all garbage ...all of them....they are made for guys that fish twice a year and don't catch anything to actually clean...maybe a couple here and there. But go buy a brand new one of any kind and see if you can hold that hot thing in your hand after about 30-40 crappie...God forbid an ice chest of specks and redfish!

Fact is, they just don't make a good one. I would be willing to pay $300 for a "GOOD" one. No one seems to care...they don't make it. They are content to charge you $20-$30 for a piece of crap. Really? Why not a $90 version? Why not a $198 super deluxe model? I'd buy it TOMORROW! And I don't mean these rechargeable battery ones for $50-$60, I know they got them but you are paying for the battery...that will be dead after 11 fish...guaranteed.

Can you tell this bothers me a little?

LOL
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 06-03-2013 at 02:55 PM.

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still using the same Black and Decker that I've used for many years and thousands of specks, gills and cats. Touch up the blades couple times a year. Doesn't get hot. Course I do fillet them 20 at a time if I have a chest full.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kman View Post
    they are all garbage ...all of them....they are made for guys that fish twice a year and don't catch anything to actually clean...maybe a couple here and there. But go buy a brand new one of any kind and see if you can hold that hot thing in your hand after about 30-40 crappie...God forbid an ice chest of specks and redfish!

Fact is, they just don't make a good one. I would be willing to pay $300 for a "GOOD" one. No one seems to care...they don't make it. They are content to charge you $20-$30 for a piece of crap. Really? Why not a $90 version? Why not a $198 super deluxe model? I'd buy it TOMORROW! And I don't mean these rechargeable battery ones for $50-$60, I know they got them but you are paying for the battery...that will be dead after 11 fish...guaranteed.

Can you tell this bothers me a little?

LOL
    I am right there with you and noticed right away with the first few fish the power is different by a lot and am disappointed big time! I bet that motor in the new one is not more than 1/2 what the old one was.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 06-03-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

a fully charged lithum battery in my Rapala will clean plenty of fish, but if you want a corded one I would say the best thing to do would be send somebody on a garage sale run and have them pick up some older ones for 3 or 4 bucks each and they will be better than what you can buy new today

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I was thinking the same thing and believe I will be looking and maybe make some of them sales my self. Have a place right down the Hwy that has some people that go to the storage auctions and I need to make a run down there and tell them if they find any I want them.

Peak Vise Dealer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast