Hi everyone!
Went out on the Salamonie reservoir last Thursday and just wanted to post the results. Started out really slow with a few very small fish , caught them off blowdowns on a steep bank. Went on back further in the cove and jigged a roadrunner around some trees in 10 feet of water and finally hooked a keeper, but could'nt get anything else to hit. I decided to try up closer to the bank in shallow water and boy am I glad I did! I finally found them around a blowdown in about 2 feet of water , right next to the bank, the surface temp was 64 deg. Caught 21 in that spot all from 10'' to 12.5 '' . Around noon I decided to try around some christmas trees that I put in the lake when the water was down last winter . When I pulled up to the spot I found that they were about 10' under water( the GPS put me right on them) so I started jigging an albino shad body on a chart 1/16 oz roadrunner and started getting hits right away! Caught my limit of 25 and and must have released another dozen after that. One of the best crappie outings I have ever had, hope you all have the same luck........... treepotato