Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: best man speech

Post Thanks / Like

Default best man speech

Anybody got words of wisdom? I'm the best man at my brothers wedding and have to give a speech at the reception. Really nervous and unsure of what to say. Its been a few years wince I was last at a wedding reception so not a lot of experience to draw from.

Post Thanks / Like

Google "Best man speeches" and I'll bet ya can find one .........
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

If I was gonna give a speech for my brother I would probably start with something funny. Probably tell about the time he came walking up the driveway crying and me and dad running to him asking what was wrong and he said he was practicing riding his bike with his eyes closed and rode into a mailbox. Who practices riding their bike with their eyes closed? Haha. Then I would talk about how proud I am of him and how I am honored to be his brother and so on. Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Being a part time DJ, I've seen about a hundred "Best Man speeches". Each one was different, and some better than others. The better speeches usually have a couple things in common. Remember this is "THEIR" day, and he is wearing a tux a thousand guys before him wore. She is wearing a dress that will never be worn again and bought just for the big day. Funny stories about the bride and groom are best. Like the day he meet her, or the day the rest of the family found out, or....

Your honored to be a part of their new lives.
    Wish them the best.
    The thing most best men forget is the actual toast. Be sure to finish with a toast to the new couple.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice Hanr.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Memorize your speech. Keep it short. Reading from notes make you look insincere. Ditto Hanr3.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"