Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clinton Banks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton Banks

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some help with where to fish on the banks out at clinton. I hear every year around this time from friends and other fisherman that guys slay crappie at clinton on the banks. I fish HD mostly so I never get to clinton but would love to get into some of those days I hear of guys getting a limit and going home in a relativley short time. I live in Edgerton so clinton and hd are about the same distance but im much more familuar with hd so thats where I usually end up. Any guidence would be much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple places that r well fished r the dam, park at the tower. Also go to state park marina cove and boat ramp area, u'll see plenty of people catching fish there, and u'll be able to pick up some other really good spots by talkin with the others around u.

Post Thanks / Like

We always had good luck with catfish in the cove just around the point from the launch ramp. They have a feeder there (or did a few years ago, last time I was there), and judging from the rocks along that bank, I would guess it might be a decent crappie cove during the spawn. Just a guess... I will say that every fisherman there was always willing to share what they were doing.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually try to start at the dam first then if that dont work, drive around and look for a cove. Gotta think like a fish as far as where they would congregate to spawn, look for structures and ledges, hope this helps good luck and tight line!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for the info on spots to try. This is such a great site for crappie fisherman not to mention all the great members willing to help out fellow fisherman.

Post Thanks / Like

The far west boat ramps on the north side of the lake produce some and I had a guy tell me last week he was catching good fish from the marina docks. If you could get down to crappie cove that would probably be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Where i crappie cove? Never heard that one before?