Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacomo report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jacomo report

Took the new boat out on Jacomo Sunday morning to do some crappie fishing. Don't know water temp, but it didn't take long to figure out they just aren't on the banks yet. So I moved out a little off shore and started with a slip bobber set down around 9-10ft deep. Pumpkin/chart garland minnow minders with a nibble. That's exactly where the crappie were at.

Caught 10 or so, spent some of the time just running around, looking at laydowns and other structure that I could see. Given where the fish were, and that they were painted up, I'm betting by next weekend, they will either be on the banks, or in the 4-6ft depth, and a lot easier to find.

I was straight across from the main marina, up into sailboat a bit, and the cove right next to the marina. Wind finally got up enough where it was too much. So I left.

First boat I've had that "legally" is under the HP rating.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch and boat ! As for the water temp and spawning phase , the temp is 68-70 at Smithville and the females I have cleaned in the past week were only half full of eggs . I'm thinking they are in transition into post spawn in most areas .

Post Thanks / Like

Coosa or Cuda? Can't tell from that angle. Give me a hoot next time you want to venture over there, I'd like to see those lakes.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    Coosa or Cuda? Can't tell from that angle. Give me a hoot next time you want to venture over there, I'd like to see those lakes.
    It's actually a Native "slayer 12" I'm planning for this coming Saturday morning if you are interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Duncan, you going all KCbrown on us.... looks like fun for sure

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take that invite. Thanks, looking forward to seeing a rig I've not been around. Do I need a Jackson County sticker to fish Jacomo?

I need to get you and Woody down on our HOA lake. Red ear are about ready for the beds.

KCPaddler in Peculiar?
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    I'll take that invite. Thanks, looking forward to seeing a rig I've not been around. Do I need a Jackson County sticker to fish Jacomo?

I need to get you and Woody down on our HOA lake. Red ear are about ready for the beds.

KCPaddler in Peculiar?
    I was told by a park ranger if you put a boat of any kind on jacomo you must have a sticker on it reguardless if it has a motor or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you need a sticker. Not sure if you live in Jackson Co or not. If you do, you can get a yearly pass for $24. That gets you on all the Jackson Co lakes for a year. Blue Springs, Jacomo, Longview, and Prairie Lee.
    The only pain, is apparently they want you to launch from boat ramps only, so I'm probably going to test that on Longview.

I'll PM you later this week so we can set up the Jacomo trip.

My wife would love a mess of Red ear for dinner, so I'm in.

Post Thanks / Like

Sticker, check. Will research where I can get one today.
    Launch from ramps only, forget-about-it. That's one of the perks of fishing out of tuperware, you launch when and where you want.

Post Thanks / Like

The park office is open 7days a week, call them and see what info you need to have with you to get the sticker. I can't remember off the top of my head what you'll need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast