Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where are the slabs?

billsjigs Guest

Cool Where are the slabs?

I have not done a lot of fall crappie fishing, so I hope someone can help me..
    We are having some unseasonabley warm weather here in southern wv now.
    Do you think the crappie are moving shallow now?...in my favorite crappie lakes
    they hang out in 10 to 15 feet water in christmas tree cover, at high summer
    .. Thanks Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Watch the water temp. Water temp can tell you alot about what the crappie might be doing. Their favorite water temp where they show the most aggressive feeding behavior is the 60's and lower 70's. Higher or lower water temps will make them less aggressive. Remember, when check water temp you're seeing surface temp. The crappie will go deeper during winter and summer to find the most comfortable temperature that holds the most oxygen. As the water cools from the summer months the crappie will move shallower. Here in Arkansas we had 89 degree water for several months and the crappie fishing was very tough. But now we are experiencing unseasonably cooler nights and the water temp has dropped to 79. The crappie are starting to stack up 8-12' deep in 15-20' of water.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]