Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky/Barkley Lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Kentucky/Barkley Lake?

I have fished for Bass about all I can stand, is anybody catching Crappie on Ky. or Barkley Lake? The only time I have tried for them lately(mid August) I only caught some small fish on Eddy Creek. At what water temperature do you think the fish move back into the bays? I have had no luck fishing the main lake drops. Too much water! THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bandit. Make sure you keep us posted if you happen to catch any. Wife and I are going camping this weekend to try them out. Water should be cooling off pretty good around here. It's been getting down in the 50's at night. The bite should start picking up.
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Havent tried to much fished 3 beds last Saturday caught one small crappie I usually do better when the water is 70 or below but I am going to try pretty hard this Saturday to catch a few.

Post Thanks / Like

Default KY lake 9/11-9/12

Went to KY lake last week and managed to catch a few. Fished Blood River both days.Only got to fish for about 3 hrs the first day due to lightning but managed 16 keepers,fished about 8 hrs on Tuesday and had 25 keepers.Almost all fish caught on minnows fished from 8 to 12 ft.Tried some deeper brush piles from 15 to 20 ft and had no luck at all. No really big fish like we caught in the spring but had a few over a pound.NO boat traffic at all! Water was 79 and with these cooler temps it should only get better.Planning a trip the first week of October so please keep us up to date!Take plenty of minnows because the white and yellow bass will keep you busy.

minnerhead Guest

i went out on the lake friday of last week and didnt catch anything until about 1130 in the afternoon...ended up with 17 keepers 5 were nice 13-14 inch..the crappie seemed to be tight on structure in 8-10 ft of water....fished jigs and caught only a few switched to gold number two aberdeens with a minnow and bobber and they was biting quick..... sorry posted so late but maybe this will help a little

Post Thanks / Like

Minnerhead, Did you catch those in Ky. or Barkley? The few guy's I talked to that have caught any are doing it on Ky. I normaly fish Barkley. The water is cooling down pretty good and I think the fall bite may start a little early this year. I sure am ready. Please keep us posted on any trips and I will do the same. THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

minnerhead Guest

i was fishing on ky lake the water temp was 76 friday cant complain for september crappie fishin i believe the fall season will start earlier too and if you can get out mid week there is no boat traffic which makes for a great fishing day in my book.....will prolly get out this weekend and test it out ill report back if anything good comes of it

Post Thanks / Like

Default headed down Sunday

Headed back to KY Lake Sunday-Wednesday.Is it still muddy or is it clearing up any.Will most likely be fishing blood river and ledbetter. Any info appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.murraystate.edu/qacd/cos/hbs/wq.cfm
    You may want to check this out.
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ricky that is a cool website I saved it to my favorites, the bottom temp I think is very useful thanks for passing it on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast