Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: eagle fisheasy 240

bbailey Guest

Default eagle fisheasy 240

I'm thinking of making my first fish finder purchase, and am strongly considering an Eagle Fisheasy 240. Does anyone have any experience with this unit? Am I wasting my money/time with this unit? I realize I will get what I pay for, and wonder if I should spend another $50 or so for something else. My buget won't allow me to go over $150.00

Thanks in advance for all replies

Post Thanks / Like

i think it would probably do what you need it to do. i still fish with an eagle accura 240 which is an older model than the fisheasy i think. i opted for the temp sensor which i use a lot especially in the spring and fall and if i were you i'd spend a little more money and get it too. all in all i feel like it's a pretty good unit. i think i paid about 215 bucks for it about 3-4 years ago and i plan to get a bunch more years out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I said it before but I bought the garmin 140 has single/dual beam transducer 200khz it's awsome temp also for 129.00.Hope this helps.. Russ- GOD Bless and good fishing!
    Stay Humble .. Even on a Crappie Day !!

Post Thanks / Like

i've heard good things about the garmin, and cabelas has the eagle fish easy 250 for 129 bucks right now with temp sensor. either would be a wise investment.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 320c

I know your budget is tight but $50 more will get you the 320c which is colored screen. I have learn a lot with this system! its' a great system. Just my .2 c worth.

Bernie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Location

bbailey, I have found that location is the most important thing in fishing. I have heard that 10% of a lake holds 90% of the fish. You can fish all day and not catch a fish if you are not where the fish are. I spend a great amount of my time when fishing trying to locate the fish. I will run to this spot and then to this other favorite spot and then so on until I find them. I believe that money spent on electronics is money well spent if it helps me to locate fish. By this, I mean finding structure, drop offs, humps, holes, and even the thermal line in summer. Once you locate where the fish are, (how deep, how many, etc..)then I believe this is most of the battle won. I would recomend to anyone to spend more on locating the fish and less on the other things we buy for fishing. We even spend a great amount of time and money on putting out fish attractors to help locate or concentrate fish in a certain area so we can catch them and I also think this money is well spent. As far as the brand of electronics, I believe that all are good but the more money will buy stronger sounders(more watts) and more options. The sad part is that the more options require more reading and studying to use them correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Go with the 320 if you can. I've got the black and white version and it is an awsome unit. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

bbailey Guest

Default thanks

Thanks to all who replied. I'll keep ya posted with my decision. God Bless and Good Fishing