Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Livewell Problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default Livewell Problem

Hey guys wanted to see if anyone could help me here....I have a 2002 Tracker and my main livewell keeps blowing a fuse...It has happened three times now.....Before I go digging into trying to figure this out, does anyone have any suggestions on what it might be and if so how to fix it? Any help would be appreciated !

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this would help you, but I remember some of the folks talking about fuses and running various boat electronics on them... check this thread.
    Good luck!

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...=livewell+fuse
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Does the motor run? It may have something stuck in it. When a fuse tops it is cuz whatever is looked to it is pulling to big of a load. May just be the pump is bad if that is the only thing on the fuse.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I think Slipcork is right. I have a 02 Tracker that was doing the same thing. It had a small piece of wood in it.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

the motor is not running on the pump....it sounds like I need to clean the pump out...maybe there is just something in there clogging it up like the piece of wood or it just needs replaced....Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Does it blow the fuse as soon as you flip the switch?I'd agree more than likely youve got debris in the pump twist off the top part and you'll be able to clean it out.If there isnt debris two other things could be possible.One is the pump could be burnt out, or two you could have a chaffed wire shorting out the fuse.

Post Thanks / Like

It does blow the fuse as soon as I flip the switch...I am hoping its just debris.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Im wrong, but if it blows instantly, youve probably have a burnt motor or a short in the wiring.Let us know what you find. PJ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me Too

I need to pick everyones brains too on the subject of livewells. I have a 2000 tracker panfisher. My father in law has a 2004. Both of them at times requires walking toward the back of the boat to get the water flowing. Mine seems to get better when I flush it backwards and forwards with a power washer. But, it has had me wondering if the pump does not have enough uumph. I have considered replacing mine with an Atwell pump that has a larger inlet than mine does.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DRPEPPER
    I need to pick everyones brains too on the subject of livewells. I have a 2000 tracker panfisher. My father in law has a 2004. Both of them at times requires walking toward the back of the boat to get the water flowing. Mine seems to get better when I flush it backwards and forwards with a power washer. But, it has had me wondering if the pump does not have enough uumph. I have considered replacing mine with an Atwell pump that has a larger inlet than mine does.
    DP
    i think tracker used mayfair pumps during this time frame. they are famous for developing air locks. this air lock kept water from flowing into the pump to the impeller. by walking to the back of the boat water pressure was increased from the rear sinking deeper into the water thereby forcing the air lock foreward of the pump allowing the pump to work. best cure for this is to install a pump that works. Attwood would be a good choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast