Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: C.A.S.T. for Kids event-Stockton Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default C.A.S.T. for Kids event-Stockton Lake

Hey guys and Gals, The Stockton Lions Club and Army Corps of Engineers are sponsoring the CAST For Kids Event June 1 at Crabtree Cove Ramp Stockton Lake. We are in need of about a Half Dozen more boats to take a kid fishing. The Kids that are involved in this event are physically or mentally or economically challenged. It is a National event and is extremely worthwhile. These Kids do not get an opportunity to go fishing and the event provides this opportunity. They have a Mentor assigned to them and all the Boat Captain does is take them fishing somewhere there on Stockton. Sometimes the outing only lasts an hour and other times it is 2 hours. The trip is done by 11:30 am and begins at 8:30 am and concludes with a fish fry for everyone plus free T-Shirts for Boaters etc. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated. For further information contact Harold Beck at [email protected]. Also let me know on this website. We are running short on boats cause of 45 kids being registered. This is an opportunity to give something back to some underprivileged kids. Thanks in advance. I am Rick Flint and approve this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could help am committed for that weekend. Does this go on every year so more advanced notice may help with boats?

Post Thanks / Like

This program has been going on at Stockton for 5 years and is scheduled to continue. It always falls on the first Saturday of June. Thanks for the reply. I will try to give further notice next year. I'd sure like to see some good Crappie fishermen involved in helping these kids out.