Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nascar Fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Nascar Fishing.

I went out on the Night Stalk with the guys from the SC board last night. The wind and rain chased us off the lake after about 2 hours, but I had blast doing what I call Nascar Fishing. :D There were 5 of us in Rango's Boat, aka "The Beast" and all together we were fishing with 34 rod and reels. He has a total of 40 rod holders setup in the boat. 4 of us used 6 each and Dave sat up front and fished with 10. It was a lot fun, especially witnessing a Thug Attack first hand. I'll post some pics of the setup later on this evening.

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=25397
    Last edited by CajunChris1; 09-13-2006 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Add icon
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you guys still had a good time. The wind and rain sounds like the weather we have right now up here lol. I'd love to see some pics of the spider setup on the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Wylie Pics

These are some of the pics from last night. I'll add some more on another thread. Also, here's an article on Night Stalking writen by Rango.
    http://www.crappie.com/rango/index.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I'm talking about. I would give up a pinky finger to be able to fish that many rods up here :D. So did you guys have weights on the lines or straight lined to a jig?

Post Thanks / Like

They used some weights about 6 to 8 inches from the hook. They also fished with live shinners. I still can't understand why they won't allow shinners in washington state. It was different because we're used to casting and jigging trying to cover a lot of area. They basically set out the lights and set all the rods at various depths and wait. it's really laid back and social. Next time I go out to the lake I'm going to try some jigs with crappie niblets.
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlabKing
    That's what I'm talking about. I would give up a pinky finger to be able to fish that many rods up here :D. So did you guys have weights on the lines or straight lined to a jig?
    ahhhh I remember those days (in another state) where you could fish that many rods and use live bait! I totally had to change the way I fish once I settled in Washington, that's for sure. Looks like you guys had a good night despite the weather though.
    Brokentrail
    Born To Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default You got to do what???

I can't believe Cajun got to go out on the night stalk with Crappie.com legend Rango and E. I've read all his posts in S.C. and that sounds like the fishing excursion of a lifetime.
    I'm jealous :D

Post Thanks / Like

If you're ever in the Carolina's Hit'em up. They might let a girl go on a Night Stalk:D
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Have you been over to Mardon lately? I see the snow level is supposed to drop to 4000 ft. friday.
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

They might huh? Unless someone told them I may be an actual fishing girl.
    How far is the place from Atlanta? I'm gonna be down that way for biz next week.
    By the way, I think the snow level increased to 4000' since you been gone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast