Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton

We put in at Old State Park (Hartley) at 7:30 this morning. Weather report said wind about 13 mph. Wasn't long and it was more like 18-20, main lake rough, whitecaps. I make it a rule to stay off Stockton if the wind is 15 mph or more. Been there, done that.
    We trolled in Old State Park at 20' depth a while with crankbaits, no luck. Saw few fish on the locators. Water temp. 67.4°.
    Switched to bank beating with Roadrunners. Buddy was using fluorescent green head and dark green, I used a white head with plastic pearl gray profile body. We hit 3 keeper crappie and 3 bass, one was 4 lbs.
    Moved across the ocean to Hawker's Point and fished back in the cove around the docks back there. 3 more keeper crappie and 2 bass.
    None of the crappie had eggs, all were in the 11"-12" range.
    Buddy had to get back home, he does testing on exceptional students for school systems, had a kid to test. We pulled out at noon.
    I had crappie, fried taters, salad for supper. I'm happy.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks mike thought you fell off the end of the earth

Post Thanks / Like

long time no hear from you, glad you had enough for dinner, stockton has been a real bummer last couple years.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been pretty much disabled the past 1 1/2 years. I have severe plaque psoriasis on my hands and bottoms of my feet. It appeared right after I started taking a new drug for Type 2 diabetes. There is no cure for the psoriasis, it is inherited. I couldn't walk and my hands were pretty much useless.
    It has been rough, the skin splits and cracks. I had an infection in my left leg from that and spent 9 days in the hospital with a continous IV pumping antibiotics into me.
    I am now taking injections of Humira and using a heavy steroid cream and they have almost cleared it up. It is great to be able to get out and do things. Don't know what you had until it is taken away.
    Anyhow, I bought a really nice low hour 2003 17' Tracker Pro Crappie with 60 Merc 4 stroke, nice little boat for Truman. I'm working on getting my locators on it. And I still have my Champion that lives down at Stockton.
    I plan to fish as much as possible.
    If the dang grass would stop growing so fast.
    Hope to see y'all on the water.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Mike, rough to hear, but glad it is getting better, fish as often as you can, it has to be good therapy, at least I think it is....