Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cooler of ice

Post Thanks / Like

Default cooler of ice

Now that its pretty warm should we take a cooler of ice instead of using livewell and leaven them in 70 plus water if we want some to clean?

Post Thanks / Like

Me too.
    THE Nimrod Kid

Post Thanks / Like

You can do that or buy a "oxygenator". A lot of the bass guys use them and the reviews are excellent. I just purchased one for my new boat......they are around $70 I think but over the course of a few years you can easily spend more on bags of ice.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

I put fish I am going to take home with me in a cooler with a few frozen bottles of water instead of in the livewell all the time and have never had a problem, you don't have to chase them down in the livewell after you get home... Most of the time I set the cooler in an old refrigerator I have for bait and clean them the next day, cleaning fish is a chore when you have been on the lake all day, almost to the point you wish you hadn't kept them when its cleaning time at the end of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Young Gun View Post
    You can do that or buy a "oxygenator". A lot of the bass guys use them and the reviews are excellent. I just purchased one for my new boat......they are around $70 I think but over the course of a few years you can easily spend more on bags of ice.
    --
    Buying ice can get expensive really quick, you have to buy ice and take it with you even if you have a bad day and no fish just to have it in case you need it.... If you have a place to put an old fridge it will pay for itself quickly, I gave 50 dollars for mine and set it in the garage a few years ago, I keep frozen water bottles in the freezer part and use the fridge to keep minnows in the summertime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HLLeonard View Post
    --
    Buying ice can get expensive really quick, you have to buy ice and take it with you even if you have a bad day and no fish just to have it in case you need it.... If you have a place to put an old fridge it will pay for itself quickly, I gave 50 dollars for mine and set it in the garage a few years ago, I keep frozen water bottles in the freezer part and use the fridge to keep minnows in the summertime.
    Whatever works, I was just giving him an alternative. He obviously uses his livewell when he can and only resorts to the cooler when it gets hot when fish are hard to keep alive due to low oxygen in the warm water. A fridge is a great idea in the garage. Keeps wigglers, wax worms, minnows and beer nice and cold
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

freezing ice bottles sounds like the way to go we will give it a try thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Livewell for me but I live close enough to the lake I can get to cleaning in 45 minutes. I fish mostly mornings,if leaving them overnight I would ice from the get go.

Post Thanks / Like

I had never thought of keeping shinners in my old ice box in the summer...Thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by HLLeonard View Post
    --
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Here the water will hit 90 and yes we then use an ice chest. We also freeze bottles to go with a bit of ice. I find you need to cover the fish well if you say are night fishing and are going to clean them the next evening.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast