Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Has anyone on here ever found a bream bed on Smith Lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone on here ever found a bream bed on Smith Lake?

I know this may sound like a dumb question but I cannot find a bream bed on Smith. I have seen them swimming around and fanning their beds in every other body of water that I've fished in except for the Gulf of Mexico. When the moon is full I will smell the sweet bream bed smell all the time. I drown crickets and worms in 5' to 20' of water with no decent numbers ever. I will catch a few at night in the lights sometimes and they are usually huge for bluegills and I've seen shellcrackers cruising the banks that looked to be well over 2 lbs. I will be there for all of this weekend and any tips would be greatly appreciated. I know they're spawning, but where?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Guess not... Lots of views, no responses. I know nothing about Smith.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

I have saw bream beds on smith,get you some good polarized sunglasses,I think becuse of the clear water they bed a little deeper on smith.Look around red clay banks.

Post Thanks / Like

whole lot of water up there, I do mean a whooooole lot of water. Hardest lake I ever fished. Good luck!
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mullbery View Post
    I have saw bream beds on smith,get you some good polarized sunglasses,I think becuse of the clear water they bed a little deeper on smith.Look around red clay banks.
    I own a pair of Costas that cost me a fortune and I can't see 'em when the lake's up. I will see a few when the water is down in September and fish them the next year and the bream aren't bedding there any more. Every other place that I've fished for them they bed in same spots every year.

By the way, I didn't get the chance to look for any beds while I was up there. I did catch 6 crappie that were over 13" in a span of 20 minutes on Friday though!

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Neely Henry and I'm a complete failure fishing for bream. I can catch all the 2-3 inch fish I want, but nothing larger. I grew up in a different part of the country and used to regularly catch dozens of 6-9 inch bream. Just can't do it here.