Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: can anyone help with hb597 ci di

Post Thanks / Like

Default can anyone help with hb597 ci di

i am new to forum and my humminbird the word is discouraged my humminbird 597 ci is brand new only out 1 time worked one hour until the screen matrix series boot that's all nothing else can't get out of it at all can Anyone help or am I at the mercy of humminbird tech support did I mention I took it out of the box the day I took out my boat for the first time ever please help if you can

Post Thanks / Like

Hale970, Not sure of your problem.These units are very power sensitive I would start by checking battery voltage or try a new battery. Check battery conections. If you can check pin voltage, where it plugs into back of unit. Is it hooked up to the cranking battery? Can you check it on a friends boat that you know works O.K. The fact that it worked originally makes me think it is a voltage problem. It only needs a small voltage drop to not power up. Good Luck, hope you solve the problem. Sorry I could not be of more help..... crappie1133

Post Thanks / Like

Hale970,
    What software version is running in your 597ci HD DI unit?
    The latest is 6.640. if your unit does not have this version update it and try it again.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

I did not update at the point of fishing ran what they gave me I tryed to update it when I got home nothing stuck in that matrix screen put in formatted card with new updates nothing happens just THE SCREEN OF BLACK WITH. GREEN WRITING aka matrix system boot the 597 ci di has its own power source with a three volt fuse o it runs a light also the battery is bran new as well fully powered

Post Thanks / Like

hale970,
    You can try selecting the “Program” option from those listed on that Matrix Boot Screen and activate it, but you need to have the memory card with the latest software version install in the unit when you do. If it will not reprogram when trying this you will have to contact the Humminbird Customer Resource folks at 1-800-633-1468 and set it up to get your unit back in to be fixed.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can