Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 5/17 and 5/18

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 5/17 and 5/18

A little late on the post but I was finally able to get out and get some fishing in. It's been a busy spring so far and the only couple times I've hit the water we had little luck, either tight-lipped or the wind kicked up and drove us off.

Okay, so I fished out of my buddy's boat with he and his dad on Friday. Started out bass fishing, no luck for me but friend caught a couple over 15. We started working the banks in Linn Branch and caught plenty of dinks. Then we moved up Roberts branch and found fish stacked on trees in 12-15 fow along the channel. We kept about ten each, with 4 at 13 inches and only a couple under 10. Fish hit at all depths, had them chase our jigs up and hit in less than a foot and right on the bottom.

Rhill and I got out yesterday, looking forward to hitting the same spot as Friday but instead got stopped in our tracks when my motor wouldn't pick up any speed and then died. A little gas was seeping out the top carb, but it's expected in a 30 year old motor so took a 15 min ride with the trolling motor to the first cove on the west side south of W bridge. We managed a good time catching lots of dinks and 6 keepers between 10-12 inches. All on jigs, pitching to structure along the bank. Fished under W bridge for about 15-20 minutes on the way back to the ramp but didn't get a bite. Dropped the boat off for repairs this morning, pretty cheap fix and will have it back tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting back out soon.
    -Scott
    Scott - KC Northland

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Scott !
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

glad you got a line wet and picked up some for supper.congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the catch , hope the boat runs better for you next trip out .

Post Thanks / Like

dang boats!! : )

Glad you got out and caught some nonetheless Scott. I'm also glad to hear the repair is inexpensive!

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

yeah I got lots of dinks too. Found a couple spots that I was able to get a limit of good fish(12 inch +) off both days. Better fish are very isolated