Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robbed!

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Robbed!

Yes, I'm afraid it's true. I was robbed.

One evening, sitting in the sunset beside the lake, I was showing how a lighted bobber would catch fish.
    The guy with me had laughed at me and my lighted bobbers, and I had set out to show him that, not only could a GIRL catch more fish than a guy (at times), but that a lighted bobber was a good tool to use in the dark.

I didn't take a bucket, but had one of those little nylon stringers. I had caught..oh about four or five and had them strung on that little stringer with the metal end stuck in the bank holding them for me.

We sit there a bit, when the guy with me says "There is something messing with your fish"
    Looking down I see the stringer going this way and that. I replied "nah, it's just the fish trying to swim away"

Another five or ten minutes pass. My lighted bobber is glowing nicely out about 35', while I watch for a bite. Then....

all of the sudden this HUGE loop of SNAKE falls up on the bank. I swear I never saw it's head, nor it's tail...just this HUGE loop.
    I dropped my pole, left my chair, tackle box, bait, lantern and probably a few droppings along the way and RAN all the way back up to the house.
    I don't remember the guy with me, but found him at the house when I got there. :D
    The next day I, ever so cautiously, went back to the bank to gather my things. I took a loooong stick and pulled that stringer up from the water.
    All that DingDang snake left me was bones!
    I didn't complain. He could have em again if he wanted em.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

ONe question you going to remember the bucket when you go next time.:p :D
    Hope your lines stay wet and your livewells full.:D

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. That happened to me once but I was fighting a small gill And this big snake chases it all the way in with its mouth open. Scared the crap out of me.

Post Thanks / Like

I carry a pistol and a leagal sawed off shot gun on 90% of my trips for just that purpose. You can call me chicken and I will cluck but I hate snakes.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate educated snakes there was a day when snakes were dumb. Back in the old days a stupid snake would try and swim from across the pond to steal your stringer of fish..NOW they learned from AL Cader how to ambush. Wait till next year they'll be setting IED's under our seats on the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eastkycrappie
    ONe question you going to remember the bucket when you go next time.:p :D
    I might forget the bucket, but rest assured, I won't forget the "snake charmer"

Post Thanks / Like

Have had them snakes attack my fish on a stringer when I was a young pup, but the biggest thing ever got my fish was a Bob Cat. I caught a 10# catfish in a pond my aunt and uncle had and I left him on a stringer over night. Well the next morning all I had left was his head and the cat left that laying on the bank.

I have also had a snake try to get in the boat with a friend and I fishing at night back in the 70's. Was a pretty exciting moment to say the least.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago when I was fishing out of a tube float I looked up and here came
    a huge snake. well he looked huge to me. I took my pole and spashed it in front of him and he went under, which was worse because I couldn't see him.
    I think that I smelled so bad he just didn't want to eat anything that smelled like that. I went to the bank and cleaned up and went home. From then on I
    had a small pistol with me, just in case.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by porboy298
    Years ago when I was fishing out of a tube float I looked up and here came
    a huge snake. well he looked huge to me. I took my pole and spashed it in front of him and he went under, which was worse because I couldn't see him.
    I think that I smelled so bad he just didn't want to eat anything that smelled like that. I went to the bank and cleaned up and went home. From then on I
    had a small pistol with me, just in case.
    Bill

OMG! Another reason to stay in my boat!

Post Thanks / Like

I hate -- did I say I HATE snakes -- but I'd be d'ed if I'd let them get my crappie. Don't you know you can purchase grenades at your local surplus store. Just leave it to a Marine, we'll solve the problem the easy way, LOL.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 09-13-2006 at 07:38 AM.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast