Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing License ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing License ?

My wife purchased her fishing license today and the guy at the counter printed it off with her madden name instead of her married name on it. Will she be legal to fish with that or do we need to get it changed an if so how do we go about that? Thanks for any input
    Seth M.

Post Thanks / Like

It is your responsibility to ensure that the information is up to date when you purchase permits and to inspect the permit(s) prior to walking out of the store. The store should always verify your information before printing, unfortunately many don't. That said, you may be able to ask the store to reprint a permit with the up to date information or contact your local agent to look for a low cost / free remedy. No guarantees there (see sentence #1).

At the end of the day we need to verify the permit holder is who they say they are. That can be accomplished different ways (photo ID’s etc.) but, I can’t speak for all agents on how they would verify. Personally I would go back to the store and have a reprint, they may charge the replacement permit fee but it’s a small cost for peace of mind. Hope this helps.

Dan Schepis
    Conservation Agent
    Clay Co. MO
    Posted 05/19/13 @ 10:017am