Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pflueger Microspin Series

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pflueger Microspin Series

Has anyone else tried the new Pflueger Microspin Rods? http://www.pfluegerfishing.com/produ...spin_rods.html

I picked up a 10-footer a couple months ago at a local tackle shop and I'm real happy with it. It has a lot larger eyes - including the tip-eye - than the other jig poles I use so the bobber stoppers on my slip-float rigs go through them much easier. It's also very light and sensitive with just enough backbone to do the job.

It was under $30 so the price wasn't too bad. Probably could get them cheaper from a discount warehouse tackle store.

I wish they made an 11-footer – I think it would make a real good jigging pole.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Never Heard Of Them---are They Graphite ?
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead
    Never Heard Of Them---are They Graphite ?
    Hey Frank:

Yes they are graphite. Not much of a picture on their website but this is what they say about them:

"IM-7 graphite construction for a light and sensitive blank.

Refined ultralight and light action rods

Lightweight guides with stainless steel inserts.

Graphite reel seats with stainless steel cushioned hoods.

Blank-through-handle construction for added strength and sensitivity.

Comfortable premium grade cork grips.

EVA grips on 8'0" and 10'0" models.

Stainless steel hook keeper."

The 10-footer is rated as "Light" rather than "Ultra-light". It's just a bit stiffer than my B&M 10-foot BGJPs.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry I have been fraying the ends of my bobber stop ends since fishing with you and Darryl back this spring. I have noticed that most if not all of my rod tips catch the stopper when I cast. It has made me wonder why rod tips are so small in the first place. I have been looking for a rod with large openings so this doesent happen. What is the benefit of the small diameter rod tip vs large anyway.
    Also where did you pick those up?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gooch:

I don't know why jig poles have such small eyes. I've always replaced the tip eyes on my B&M 10-footers with larger eyes but the next 3 or 4 are pretty small. The 11-footers aren't nearly as small though.
    To stop your bobber stoppers from fraying put a half hitch in each of the tag ends about a half-inch from the nail knot and pull them tight. Then trim the tag ends about an eighth of and inch past the half hitches. It will make them last a lot longer and also give you something to grip when you want to tighten up the stopper.

I bought the Pflueger rod from Atchley's Outpost on 7 south.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have had an eight foot model for over a year and love it, yesterday I bought a 6'6 but havent got to use it yet. One thing I really like is they put more guides on their poles. My 6'6 rod has eight guides counting the tip, really increases the sensitivity of a rod.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

HEH JERRY THANKS FOR TIP --NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT CORRECTING THE FRAYING BOBBER STOPS----COURSE I,VE ONLY BEEN USING THEM 25 YEARS [HAHA]
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry do they cast good? I have been having problems finding a long rod that wouldn't tare up my bobber stops or have the eyelets catch the bobber stop. I do a lot of slip float fishing and would love to find a rod that would be able to handle the job. Where can you buy them? Does BPS or Cabelas have them or can you order them off the website? Also have you ever heard of using dental floss instead of a bobber stop!?!? Have a couple buddies that do that and it works great. But I don't know what knot to tie. Any ideas?
    Last edited by crappiencali; 09-12-2006 at 09:25 AM.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I use elastic string you can get from the sewing department and tie it on for the stop not. works well and doesn't fray.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiencali
    Jerry do they cast good? I have been having problems finding a long rod that wouldn't tare up my bobber stops or have the eyelets catch the bobber stop. I do a lot of slip float fishing and would love to find a rod that would be able to handle the job. Where can you buy them? Does BPS or Cabelas have them or can you order them off the website? Also have you ever heard of using dental floss instead of a bobber stop!?!? Have a couple buddies that do that and it works great. But I don't know what knot to tie. Any ideas?
    Hey crappiencali:

They'll definitely cast better than a jig pole because of the larger eyes. Pflueger’s web site has a dealer locator at - http://www.pfluegerfishing.com/where/index.html. I didn't find them on either BPS or Cabella's websites.

I've heard of using dental floss but haven't tried it. I use Thill brand Bobber Stops - http://www.lindyfishingtackle.com/ta...roductid=17731. I believe the knot they use is called a nail knot - http://www.animatedknots.com/nailkno...g.jpg&Website=. Walmart carries the same type made by Eagle Claw but they use a larger diameter string so the knot is a bit bigger and tends to hang up more.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast