Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fishing during the week

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing during the week

What little I know about fishing I picked up from my dad, mother and grandmother. As he got older my dad lost patience and liked sitting on a deer stand, He said "he liked to hear the dogs run"( not me). Now that I am older I know what he was really saying. "I JUST LIKE TO GO". I went yesterday and now that I am retired I don't have to go on the weekend. No disrespectable boaters or SDD's (sea doo dummies). I was taught when I first started to drive our boat to slow down around other fisherman. With all that water , no use not to show respect.So much to learn and see in the out of doors, catching fish is just a bonus. I am thankful to the Lord for every opportunity to spend out of doors. My wife never gripes, in fact she encourages me to go.(probaly glad to get me out of her hair)When I get short tempered or frustrated.... Time to go fishing...I fish all year except when the wind is howling or it is very hot. I know ... tough life... but some one has to bite the bullet and do it. That's what retirement is supposed to be. I thank everyone for all that they contribute to this forum.Keep up the good work. I am still learning.....Crappie1133

Post Thanks / Like

I always figure that the day I stop learning while fishing will be the day it's not fun anymore. A couple years back I put out a book for totally uninitiated folks who have kids who want to go fishing. The one thing I emphasized as most important was to be observant and ready to learn and experiment. When we were kids, we'd try darn near anything once, just to see how the fish reacted. I still use some of the zany but effective things we discovered back then.
    Always do what's right - it'll amaze some people and mystify the rest!

Post Thanks / Like

What I like about though the week fishing is most are more respectful and more friendly.

Eagle 1 is online now Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

wish you were close by . that's what a fishing partner should be like .

Post Thanks / Like

Can't beat week day fishing, since my retirement I to only fish week days. No weekend madness.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the things I'm looking forward to the most. Monday thru Friday fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Eagle1, Thanks for the nice comments. It is a shame that we can't fish with a lot of c.c members. I wish you were closer also. We would have a time.... crappie1133