Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question on Sun Glasses

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question on Sun Glasses

I am looking to get me a nice pair of glasses for Fathers Day. I am looking at the Costa's.
    I would like something that is polarized, so I can see the fish in the water, durable, good for super sunny days driving from the lake, but great to use on the lake when fishing, also a sunny day hunting.. Would like UV protection.
    Anyone have any of these glasses and could help me on input would be great.

Thank You

Post Thanks / Like

I've never tried the costas, but I've worn nothing but Serengeti Drivers since around 1988. I lost a pair, broke a pair, and have worn out several others. My current pair is probably 6-7 years old. The drivers lens is amber and filters the blue spectrum. I can see farther through the fog, snow, rain, and woods (big difference in the fall when everything is brown and blends together) with them on than I can without them. I can see deeper into the water as well. Don't let the Internet prices scare you, I bought my last 2 pairs at wal-mart for $45 & $75. I stopped in for a replacement screw for the frames last summer, and the lady informed me I had just missed them on close out for $15 per pair.

Put a pair on and you will be hooked. Just make sure they are the "drivers." I've never tried the other lenses, so I can't vouch for them. I know this sounds like a commercial, but I really like this product. If I lost/ broke mine today, I would have them replaced with another pair tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Costas are nice, I have a pair. I have a buddy who has Maui Jim's and they seemed better to me. I am probably going to order a pair once I get home from deployment and keep my costas in the drybox for a backup pair. I rarely sight fish though, only when looking for bream beds. I NEVER bass for or sight fish for crappie but I want the best I could get for hunting bream beds, they look nice as well. I'm going to wear them all the time, not just while fishing.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Costa all the way......love mine
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

Ive owned/still own a lot of high quality polarized shades. Oakleys, 2 pairs of mauis, ray bans. Costa 400's. by FAR the best polarized lens i have found is the costa 580 glass lens.

Post Thanks / Like

I wear glasses all the time and got a prescription pair of Ray Ban Polarized around this time last year for a discount from a promotion. I got Ray Ban's because I wanted a nice pair that I can wear all the time outside and some that I can go fishing in. I highly recommend getting the polarized lenses in whichever pair you choose. Not only can you see deeper in the water, but makes everything in general more crisp.

Post Thanks / Like

cocoon's are super for me, over's

Post Thanks / Like

Costa's are what I've worn for years. I guide and they work great.
    Don't eat th' bait!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have several pairs. Costa's for fishing, 580 glass lenses. Oakley's for general purpose and work since they are ANSI certified safety glasses. Both are polarized.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Oakley Monster Dogs. Good wide earpieces to stop the sunlight on the sides with lens that only transmit 30% of available light. I can look into the glare and fish.
    The pair I have is 7 years old. If I scratch a lens, no problem. Plenty of lens available on eBay at great prices

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast