Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: any input on stratos boats and johnson motors?

Post Thanks / Like

Default any input on stratos boats and johnson motors?

Ive had pretty good success with a johnson in the past, but any one know any thing about a 130hp 1995 model year? compression checks out and seems to run strong, anything to look out for? Also any input on stratos bass boats.......good....bad.....ugly?.? any specific problems to look for in a 1995 model year (aside from transom and stress cracks) any input would be great......pm me if you dont want to bash anything in public.......thanks and God bless

JGJ

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure and test ride it in the water under load not just on a hose. I would think any design flaws woulda shown by now. Can always do a lil research on bassboatcentral as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Stratus are good boats. Should be able to tell how well it's been cared for. I'd step on the back of the motor and see if the transom gives any. Also, ask if the power pack has ever been replaced. If it hasn't, it will. Had a 1991 Johnson 150. Ran like a scolded dog, but drank the gas! Had to put two power packs on it.

Post Thanks / Like

As already said...I had a 95 285 pro xl with 150 johnson...These years of Stratos are great boats..loved mine. The Johnson loves gas but are tough dependable motors. I too replaced power pack a couple times. If it is a good deal I wouldnt be scared of it.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just about any used motor's reliability boils down to one thing. How well it was taken care of. (except Chrysler and Force)
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va