Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Post Front Report - 5/13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Post Front Report - 5/13

Took the day off work to go fishing with my Buddy Lee - actually, he went with me We were going to hit EC, but since we're into the the second day of the front with high blue skies and near frost this morning, we decided otherwise. Think it turned out to be a good call. Started off trolling again and then did some casting later around some of the better areas. Didn't catch a ton of fish (maybe 45 total), but made up for it in size. Our best 7 weighed 8.285 lbs. on the Marina scales, with 4 weighing >1.3 lbs. each and largest at 1.550 lbs. We even measured them with their mouths closed and bumped up tight to the board Caught plenty of white bass, bluegill and green fish to keep the day interesting. Variable wind at times was a pain, but can't complain too much after a day like today. Water temps now down to 63 degrees on the surface, but should warm back up quick with the highs near or above 80 over the rest of the week.

-T9

Name:  CIMG4157_II.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  119.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! You guys are making it hard on a feller who is stuck in the house and can't go fishin due to surgery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Team9nine View Post
    We even measured them with their mouths closed and bumped up tight to the board :
    That's a good boy T-9! Nice fish too!

Post Thanks / Like

I sure am glad you measured them the proper way! Those were some beauties. All I could find this morning were a bunch of shorts and a few whites and whitecaps all over the lake. You and Lee are a dangerous pair to be out there together. If I saw you two together I would just get off the water and head home!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfbob View Post
    I sure am glad you measured them the proper way! Those were some beauties. All I could find this morning were a bunch of shorts and a few whites and whitecaps all over the lake. You and Lee are a dangerous pair to be out there together. If I saw you two together I would just get off the water and head home!
    LOL - I wouldn't go that far... Saw your truck in the lot Sunday and was hoping to run into you, but you left when the skies got dark about the time those first showers came through, and I was all the way across the lake at the time. Sorry I missed you. Lee doesn't get out too much any more, so I was glad we were able to put some nice fish in the boat for him. He'll be Minnesota bound in a couple weeks chasing those walleye.

Wind was definitely up and blowing out there this morning as I was headed into work, so kind of wondered how the fishing was. Sorry to hear it was tough, but those strong winds will certainly do that to the bite. Guessing you could have run winblown points all day if you wanted to catch a load of white bass

I'll be hoping for a few dry spells in between all the showers later this week to try and sneak out again.

-T9

Post Thanks / Like

Man, those are some beauties!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice going fellas. To put it in perspective, I just read where the slabmaster patoka tournament winners this past weekend had 7.15 lbs for 7 fish....seems you guys did better than that by over a pound. Very nice .

As for measuring fish...we know bfbob has the pine board....what else is necessary? I wonder if he carries that board in the boat with him?

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Great fish

Post Thanks / Like

That board stays in the boat, but I have to start closing their mouths now as they are usually open while laughing at me!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL bfbob. Come to think of it, you always seem to lay 6 or 7 big slabs out on the board....and I am going to have to go back and see if their mouths are closed in those pics. If they are, that is quite a feat to get them all closed at the same time. You could screw an edge board on one edge to bump their noses up against, then we'd know you weren't fudging on us. What I can't tell from the pictures is if that board is a 1 X 8, 1 X 10, 1 X 12, 1 X14....etc. . Can you buy a 1 X 16 off the shelf or do you have to have it custom sawn? That might be more appropriate for some folks.

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana