Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Woodruff Florida crappie tournament.!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Woodruff Florida crappie tournament.!

This weekend is the last Florida Crappie Association Tournament of the year. 12-11-04. Its on Lake Woodruff in Astor florida, Fish camp on SR 40. Prefished last sunday caught 40 fish, 10 biggest fish weighed 16.2. three were over 2lbs. We had to go at 10:30am too....They really wanted chartruese hair jigs tipped with minnows. We hope to have a good turn out so come and see how many big fish you can catch.....see you there...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Woodruff tournament

What is name of fish camp?
    How to get there coming from Eustis area?
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by bnwbassman
    This weekend is the last Florida Crappie Association Tournament of the year. 12-11-04. Its on Lake Woodruff in Astor florida, Fish camp on SR 40. Prefished last sunday caught 40 fish, 10 biggest fish weighed 16.2. three were over 2lbs. We had to go at 10:30am too....They really wanted chartruese hair jigs tipped with minnows. We hope to have a good turn out so come and see how many big fish you can catch.....see you there...

Post Thanks / Like

How do y'all tip a jig w/ a minnow ... do you use the whole minnow or just a piece of one ... ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default tipping a minnow

Quote Originally Posted by Chester
    How do y'all tip a jig w/ a minnow ... do you use the whole minnow or just a piece of one ... ??
    Sometimes crappie are kind of picky. Sometimes they want a jig sometimes nothing but a minnow but sometimes neither. On days when the bite might be slow I tip a cabin creek pop eye or a sun fly jig (1/32,1\64) with a minnow, hook through nostrils. I try to use small minnows and trolling a little slower when I do it gives minnow plenty of time to wiggle. really works on them hard fishing days.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Directions

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    What is name of fish camp?
    How to get there coming from Eustis area?
    Joe
    take 19 north until you hit SR 40 take a right. Couple miles down 40 you get to the town of astor. for the life of me I cant remember the name of that fish camp but I know when you get to Astor theres a bait store on the left, as soon as you past the bait store you take the next right, pretty sure there is a boat ramp sign. (ps if you get to the ST Johns bridge,Or daytona you went too far. ) Take that right and follow it all the way to the fish camp, it Looks like a trailer park slash bait shack kinda place but great ramp and parking. Probably gonna fish until 1pm usually have a vote 1 or 3 the ones usually win.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish camp

Quote Originally Posted by bnwbassman
    take 19 north until you hit SR 40 take a right. Couple miles down 40 you get to the town of astor. for the life of me I cant remember the name of that fish camp but I know when you get to Astor theres a bait store on the left, as soon as you past the bait store you take the next right, pretty sure there is a boat ramp sign. (ps if you get to the ST Johns bridge,Or daytona you went too far. ) Take that right and follow it all the way to the fish camp, it Looks like a trailer park slash bait shack kinda place but great ramp and parking. Probably gonna fish until 1pm usually have a vote 1 or 3 the ones usually win.
    Powell fish camp thats the name just remembered it. I believe the road is alco road.
    Last edited by bnwbassman; 12-08-2004 at 07:33 PM. Reason: another mistake