Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May 10th, 11th and 12th report

Post Thanks / Like

Smile May 10th, 11th and 12th report

Friday the 10th
    Fished the Grand Arm with a guy from work and the bite was good early but slowed as the day went on, ended up going to back of a creek throwing jigs to the back and letting them sink a few seconds before reeling them back to the boat. Blk/Grn and Blu/Wht jigs were the best.

Saturday the 11th
    Went below Truman in the dead water and spider rigged, it was nice and calm until the wind picked up and it got really rough I had to run my trolling motor on 80% sometimes just to sit still. I started towards the mouth but ended up at the end with a nice limit, seen several CDC members down there. I won a B'n'M Capps & Coleman 14 ft rod at camp, it was the first 14 ft rod I ever used and I was impressed, seemed like it caught twice the fish as my other rods did.

Sunday the 12th
    Fished the Tebo Arm, I spider rigged back in a creek and it was a job to keep all four rods going, the males were hammering the minnows 4 to 7 feet down, caught several black female crappie but could not find the big white females. I could of had my limit in about thirty minutes but did a lot of catch and release but brought home a nice limit. And again the 14ft rod was the best out of the four, I see more 14 ft rods in my future.

Post Thanks / Like

nice report sounds like some pretty good fishing, and lots of different places too. congrats

Post Thanks / Like

Those 14' Capps and Coleman's are sweet- especially when they are free.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice going Bigby. It was good to run into on Saturday. We didn't fair as well but the boys we took out had a pretty good time and are ready to go again I think.
    "They call me The Crappie Menace."

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I don't like about the 14ft rod it's a three piece, have not mastered on how to break it down and not have a mess when I use it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Cannot beat a three day trip. I need one of those every week.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

I think they hit the 14' the most, because it stuck out there first a few feet in front of the other rods??? but still sounds like a heck of a good 3 days........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Lol good point, I used 1-14ft 2-12ft and a 10ft out the side, the 2-12 footers are Outlaws and are a lot more stiff than the B'n'M rod, so it was easy to tell when thet were hitting light. Spider Rigging is growing on me, my arms feel a lot better than after I spend a day two pole trolling, at first I lost a ton of tackle but yesterday I fished all day without loosing a hook.
    I think it's about time to put another seat up front in my boat and buy seven more rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Was up the Grand on the 11th and the fish bit pretty good in 10-15 fow. Should be a lot hotter this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great report. Sounds like you did good everywhere you fished, congrats. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast