Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Southern Crappie Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Southern Crappie Rods

Anyone have any Southern Crappie Rods ? Whats your take on these ?

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have several in 10 foot thru 14 foot. Great rod for the money and I've not had any issue with any. Ed is a great guy to do business with also.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have a complete set for longlining and and tightlining/spiderrigging. Prob around 20 total, I think they are an excellent rod. I have not had any problems at all with mine.......
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gents , I 've been looking at them online and the crappie maxx at bps . I'd rather give my money to a small guy than a big store. Does he make his own blanks or buy them ? It would be quick and easy to pull a couple off the rack at bps. If he makes or buys them state side I'll give him my money thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gobob View Post
    Thanks Gents , I 've been looking at them online and the crappie maxx at bps . I'd rather give my money to a small guy than a big store. Does he make his own blanks or buy them ? It would be quick and easy to pull a couple off the rack at bps. If he makes or buys them state side I'll give him my money thanks again
    Give him a call, his name is Ed Duke, he is a super nice guy. I know he doesnt make them by hand, if thats what you are asking. He designed them and has a company make them for him.............
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just shifted over to 14's for spider rigging. Love em. They have sensitive tip and plenty of backbone. Lighter than my PST's. Bought mine mainly on S Y G's reports on them. Ed is a great guy to do business with.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 12's, 2 14's, and 2 16's. I am going to buy two more 12's and run 4 12's and , 2 14's out of the back, 16's off of the side rails.