Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: after a long break..........

Post Thanks / Like

Default after a long break..........

of chasing the green carp over the winter and early spring, the wife says i want to catch some crappie for mothers day. So of course i have to comply (wasn't a hard sell on her part) Went to Tebo, wind picked up as soon as we got there and just got worse. we managed close to 2 limits. Really slow finally hit a good spot a picked up probably 20 with within 100 yards. jig hung below cork 1.5 - 2 feet edge of the weed line. yellow-orange seemed to be the best for me. mostly males, couple of females in the bunch but didn't seem very close to spawning to me, but i don't know much, several of the males were dark , (pretty) all were just good eaters, nothing huge.

wind made searching a little challenging (allot)

forgot to snap any pics but i hope to turn towards crappie more often in the near future, so with any luck i'll be posting more reports soon.

Lot was full at Windsor but didn't visit with anyone to see how anyone else's day turned out.

until i'm FORCED to go fishing again, good luck to all.

Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great way to start off the Mother's Day weekend! Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a great day of fishing Marc!

Post Thanks / Like

We were at Tebo as well, got there early to try to beat the crowd (6:15) and were surprised to see only a couple of people there. Went up river for a while with little luck, then the wind picked up and headed down river and finally got in to them.

I caught the majority of mine casting to the bank and slow retrieving, some were right up on the bank. Others dipping trees in 8 - 10 fow. Wind was brutal and kind of pushed us off the good fishing we found.

By the time we got back to the ramp it was a madhouse (right around noon). About 8 boats lined up trying to put in. Took us about 30 min. from the time we got to the dock to taking out.

Great day on the water though, hope this kind of weather (minus the wind) sticks around for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report guys. Sounds like some fun was had.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it's starting to come on down at Truman.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

Great report Marc! Hope your wife had a good Mother's Day.