Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My other hobby (besides BS here) O/T

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My other hobby (besides BS here) O/T

I build robots for competition. Have a competition coming up first week in March in Jackson, Tn. Wish you guys could see some of this stuff. Presently building a SUMO robot. Even at my age (65), I still enjoy the challenge and the competition. I don't take things (in life) too seriously as most of you have figured out by now. Hell, I will be dead forever. That is serious...lol...
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Robot Guide

Hey CanePole -- can you build one that will guide me on a crappie fishing trip. One that will do all the work and I can sit back and relax.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Cane pole where will it be in Jackson? I might try to ride up and watch.
    And I do wood working and ride my motor cycle.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole, my brother loves robots and things like that. He would fit right in with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking The Pit!! The Pit!! The Pit!!

Hey C.P., are you one of those Battle 'Bot guys? That is one of my son'e favorite shows. I have to admit that I am really imressed at what some of these machines are capable of. It is amazing the amount of power, and speed that can be obtained in these little dynamo's!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Is the battle bots the ones that they put in the ring together and they try to knock each other in the pit?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    Is the battle bots the ones that they put in the ring together and they try to knock each other in the pit?
    The ones I build are autonomous. They have to seek out the enemy and push him out of the pit without any human interface. No radio controls allowed. Radio controlled ones are easier to make and control. Contests are to be held at the Jackson State Campus, in the Gymnasium. Free popcorn. I usually kick butt. I bet my experience against their ( college kids) youth and ambition. lol. It is all in fun.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey CanePole, after you whip the young uns into submission in the arena, you could put a few rakes on the back end of your pit rover to assist your honey with the yard! That would give you a little more tinkerin, or fishin time, and give her some more shopping time! I am sure Moose could come up with some kind of links or manuals to assist you with NASA satelite frequencies, or some other Star Wars type thing to lay out you property's boundry lines! LOL! Just an after thought, but I want royalties if you market it! Ha! HA!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids