Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville

So besides the fact that everyone is catching them with anything and that they are about a foot deep right off the bank I have a funny story to tell. So I got out there yesterday evening and was was walking back to the spot I like to fish most. When I got there I saw a boat in the cove with me, as I proceeded to start fishing, I over heard one of the gentlemen on the boat says, "do you see that guy?" When he said that to his buddy, they untie and pull their boat from the middle of the cove right to my side of the bank right in front of me so they could I guess hit the spot they wanted to hit over here before I got to it. So I was respectful and gave them a good 50 ft distance on both sides of the boat. When I got to the other side I began to jig. I caught more fish right next to them anywhere else, they were heated to the point that they left. Lesson has been taught, don't be rude!

Post Thanks / Like

AMEN, brother! Reminded me of an incident a number of years ago while fishing with my Dad at LOZ. It was early April, and a cold front had gone through ... had lite snow the day before. We were fishing in 6 mm cove, just casting the bank throwing road runners. There was a bass tournament coming up that weekend and a lot of the guys were pre-fishing. One guy came flying past us about 30 yards off the end of our boat to fish a point that we were working toward. Dad said if that guy wanted to fish that area so #### bad, we'd go on a little further up the shoreline. We went around him and about 50 yards past him we hit a spot and in 45 minutes caught 40 black male crappie each about 14 inches. Have never caught crappie quite like that since. Yes, there is a God!