Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Article by Dixieangler

Post Thanks / Like

Default Article by Dixieangler

I enjoy the writing style of Dixieangler, and asked him to contribute to my "loacl" Fishing Reports eblog. The time and effort He put into this first article is amazing and much appreciated.

I'm sure that Robert is a modest person, but I can't help telling everyone what a considerate and knowledgeable individual He is. I can't thank you enough, Robert.

You should read this article.

Dave

http://freshwaterfishingsarasotabradenton.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Great article!!!!

Fishincracker, Thank you for sharing the VERY informative, well written article by Dixieangler. I knew from his posts that he is a skilled fisherman, now I know he can write a good article also. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Article

Thanks, Guys. I think you are trying to give this kook a big head :D. Dave, looks like you or me left off the .com on the FAOL link. Probably me :rolleyes:. Other than that glitch it looks great. Good job, Dave.

Its important to me to promote the sport of warm water fly fishing if I can because frankly, that's not where the money is in the fly fishing world. How many fly rods have you seen labeled or even promoted for bream, panfish, Sunfish, etc.? What about fly lines or flies? It seems that its even hard for publishers to keep a warm water fly fishing magazine or periodical in circulation. I can understand the frustration of new warm water fly anglers just coming into the sport. Hopefully my article will help. Tying specialized bream flies is necessary because different flies may not work in one region of the nation but might work in another region. I believe this is another reason that specialized bream flies are hard to find on the national level. Local tackle shops are probably the best place to look for them because those shops will have the local patterns that have been found to be effective for that area. There is a lot more I could have put in the article but I sure don't want to overload a beginner. We were all beginners at one point in time so we know. I usually try to take or make time to help anglers if I am able and not just for fly fishing . Take care and good fishing.
    Last edited by dixieangler; 09-10-2006 at 03:05 PM.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

Good article, Robert!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I agree

deleted
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-15-2008 at 07:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Please refer to the "Quote for 10/2" thread in this forum.

I should probably update my Dixie Bug pattern recipe that is mentioned in the article so that it is more easily understood and any errors corrected. I should probably send the update to Elmer G. Meiler who owns the WWFF site or I may just put it in another article for Dave. Most noteably is that I use 2 untwisted strands of Needloft brand "bright yellow" nylon yarn, 1 single strand of Red Heart brand "red" acrylic yarn, and 3 untwisted strands of Red Heart brand "black" acrylic yarn. It can also be tied in smaller sizes with smaller beads or bead-chain eyes. The hook can be either a nymph style or long shank wet fly style.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"