Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ report

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ report

allrighty folks, i've been gone for awhile but i have returned with good news. (sort of) i was down at the lake with a bunch of buddies and the crappie bite was on. i think they only caught one under ten inches and several in the 12-13" range. so my brush piles are growing me some real fine speckled perch. here is why i said "they" caught them. they only caught fish around two in the morning and they didn't clean any because they were just a hair wasted. i am fast asleep by then. although my wife caught one out in our cove with a crankbait that was 11.5 inches at around noon. it was her first crappie ever and we were fishing for green carp. she also caught a 3 pound channel cat with a six inch jointed rapala (while fishing for hybrid stripers) and a 2.5 pound drum with a one ounce pig 'n jig. i'm not sure what kind of luck that lady has, but it sure is entertaining. so, if you are a night person, stay up really late and get the papermouths. i can't wait to catch them during the hours that i am usually awake.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

The bite in the glaize has tapered off some still catching alot of fish but the size has really gotten smaller you have to wade through several shorts to catch a decent keeper we really need a rain to stain the water up some it is even getting clear up on the shallow flats.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing here fry..we are still catching limits of nice crappie in the Niangua at night. tried day time fishing the other day and didnt do nearly as well. My suspended fish over 50 ft. water have migrated a few docks up and are now in 30 ft and less water. Caught several in the 12 to 13 in range. Only gonna get better!!

Post Thanks / Like

May have to try some of that LOZ night fishing during camp.:D Do you all just fish lighted docks or are you submerging you own lights?I like to night fish Truman once in awhile but your stuck submerging your own lights and sitting still.Would be fun to be able to move from dock to dock.

Post Thanks / Like

We are fishing lighted docks hogster but the fish aren't always right around the lights. A lot of the bigger fish are out away from the dock. If you fish close to the lights you will catch a lot of smaller fish with an occasional keeper.

Post Thanks / Like

Still sounds fun.:D I got some glow in the dark tubes that i bet would work great out away from the docks alittle and just let it swing in.