Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laugh at me, go ahead

Post Thanks / Like

Default Laugh at me, go ahead

Fatboy, I got up at 2 o'clock this morning to head over to Alabama. Weather was perfect when I left. I got to the ramp and everything was under water. There was no way I was gonna launch there. The Tennessee river was rumbling hard and the water was rolling fast. I decided to trailor back to Tennessee and was gonna try Normandy. When I got half way back, it came a monsoon. I had to get back to the house. Finally left out for Normandy when the rain cleared good around 9:30. I tied my rope to the trailor and hooked the clamp to the bow to back her in. My clamp came undone and there went the boat. 30 to 35 mph wind and I knew it would blow away fast. I quickly jerked my shoes and sweatshirt off, threw my wallet on the ground and jumped in for a swim. The water wasnt cold at all, but I felt like a complete idiot. I swam like a fish and got back in quick without anyone seeing me. I was glad. I tried to fish but the weather was too much. I caught just a couple under the bridge. I went to the other spot where I caught some my first time there, but the water was way down. That was the only two places I tried cause I just couldnt fight the hurricane lol. I didnt get a chance to use the Sam Heaton. It is suppose to rain again Thursday and Friday. I wish the rain would quit and the water would level back out. I know I can get them if it ever does. Okay everyone start the laughing for me having to go swimming for my boat. I'm not crappieseeker anymore, I'm boatseeker LOL

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I will

Not the last time it will happen. Wait 'til you forget to put the "plug" in and sink it. This might happen too. In fact, I would bet it is a high probability. lol.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not Laughing

Sounds like you gotta find a more secure hook up for your launch rope, didn't you have a problem once before? Glad you were able to make the recovery alright. After having bunk trailers on some previous boats, my present boat has a roller trailer, and I love it! I just back down till the back rollers touch the water, put the truck in park and set the brake. I then go around to the back of the truck, unhook the safety chain and winch strap, hook my launch rope up and give the boat a shove. Away she goes and I just snub the rope off on the trailer post when the boat beyond the trailer, and tie her off to shore. I think Jerry had some good pictures of his set up, you might want to work or something like that. Anytime a mistake doesn't cost you anything, it's a good mistake as it teaches you something without the college of hardknocks!

Post Thanks / Like

I set it up like Jerry's, I just used a clamp instead of tying. I just thought the last time I might have not had the clamp secure. This time it was secure and still came off.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Back in july my son and I were loading the boat. I got in the truck to pull out, put her in reverse, pulled the brake and let out on the clutch. :o My son still swears he held the truck from going down the ramp. I got the brake on and the clutch pushed in fast. The water was up to the front tires. I almost sunk the whole thing.
    I have an old boat so I doupt they have enough bandwidth to record all the malfunctions I have encountered on my fishing trips.
    The motor started jumping out of gear monday night so I had to go just above idle speed the rest of the trip. I caught several nice slabs, a bunch of throwbacks, and fought those stripers tangling my lines half the night.
    It doesn't matter what happens out there as long as we make it back safe and sound. Oh yeah, catch some slabs.

i

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Where was somebody with video camera....could have won 'Funniest Home Video' ...LOL. Not long ago I was putting in and back down ramp let boat float back and was read to pull off trailer and the battery was down. That would have made a good video me digging for jumper cables and boat drifting away from trailer. Live & learn.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

have you ever pulled your boat half way up ramp. i did ! i unhooked the wench tied on the lounch rope tied the other end to wench stand backed in and floated the boat off started up ramp far enough to un tie the boat from the traylor . there was my boat sitting on the ramp behind the traylor . no one around. just skint the bottom of the boat and my pride
    retired and now i will always fish

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

my rope got hung on the bunk
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    Fatboy, I got up at 2 o'clock this morning to head over to Alabama. Weather was perfect when I left. I got to the ramp and everything was under water. There was no way I was gonna launch there. The Tennessee river was rumbling hard and the water was rolling fast. I decided to trailor back to Tennessee and was gonna try Normandy. When I got half way back, it came a monsoon. I had to get back to the house. Finally left out for Normandy when the rain cleared good around 9:30. I tied my rope to the trailor and hooked the clamp to the bow to back her in. My clamp came undone and there went the boat. 30 to 35 mph wind and I knew it would blow away fast. I quickly jerked my shoes and sweatshirt off, threw my wallet on the ground and jumped in for a swim. The water wasnt cold at all, but I felt like a complete idiot. I swam like a fish and got back in quick without anyone seeing me. I was glad. I tried to fish but the weather was too much. I caught just a couple under the bridge. I went to the other spot where I caught some my first time there, but the water was way down. That was the only two places I tried cause I just couldnt fight the hurricane lol. I didnt get a chance to use the Sam Heaton. It is suppose to rain again Thursday and Friday. I wish the rain would quit and the water would level back out. I know I can get them if it ever does. Okay everyone start the laughing for me having to go swimming for my boat. I'm not crappieseeker anymore, I'm boatseeker LOL
    Not laughing at you, but with you!
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sounds familiar

Don't feel bad. It happened to me too, but with my wife on the boat. She didn't have a clue how to operate the trolling motor or anything. Talking about a scene at a busy boat ramp, with me in the water pulling the boat while she just sits there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast