Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How long has this been going on???

Post Thanks / Like

Default How long has this been going on???

Once you have placed the condo's where you want them, how long does it take to bring the crappie in on?

PVC
    Bamboo
    Trees

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught them from Bamboo in less than a week. Cedar trees about a month. PVC don't know.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

I usually install my attractors for the next season. In the spring I install my winter tops and in the winter I install my spring tops.Some are installed a year before I plan to fish them. Some of my attractors are only fished during tournaments. Most of the pvc attractors need time to grow algae. I wait at least two months to fish the pvc attractors. Tops on the other hand are different. I have caught fish on some the next day. When you install your attractors give them a few days and give them a try. When to fish the new tops is like asking which is better pvc or wood. Each to his own idea.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

I put out attractors at two different locations on 8-19-06, I am going to fish them this weekend. That's 3 weeks ago maybe they will have some fish.

I put them in a channel that was averaging 12 feet deep, when a found a spot that dropped off to 20 plus feet deep, I dropped them in. Is this the way you do it???

Post Thanks / Like

When putting them on a ledge that goes from 12' to 20', do you put them on the 12' side of the drop or on the 20' side of the drop? It seems when I go over a ledge I see fish holding on both locations with my fishfinder, which one works the best and seems to be more consistant in holding fish?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd put some attractors on both, the creek and ledge. I think that crappie will
    use both locations during the year and you cant go wrong giving them an option. I'd also use pvc because it wont show up like wood.
    just a thought

John Brower

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Brower
    I'd put some attractors on both, the creek and ledge. I think that crappie will
    use both locations during the year and you cant go wrong giving them an option. I'd also use pvc because it wont show up like wood.
    just a thought

John Brower

I agree with everything that John Brower said and wil just add. If you have a good spot at a ledge then I would put brush or whatever you plan on useing at the bottom of the drop, middle way of the drop and at the top of the ledge. If the ledge is near a flat you may want to consider stake beds on the flat close to your brush if the area is void of cover in shallow water. This area will hold fish year round and the brush will create focal points for you all year long. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

To encourage algae growth I have read to take sandpaper to the pvc before putting them down.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Default sandpaper on PVC

I like the idea of using sandpaper on the pvc, bttmline. Phycologists have long known that the smoother the artificial substrate, the harder it is for algae to adhere, and conversely so. I'd suggest the coarsest of sandpaper.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN fisherman!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with krappykrazy, I have caught fish off of bamboo attractors days after sinking them. Then again, I have some attractors that just hold way more fish than others.
    LET IT RIP!