Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: berkeley cherrywood

Post Thanks / Like

Default berkeley cherrywood

Just picked up a berkeley cherrywood at walmart and a new reel abu garcia cardinal sx10. Wasnt sure how good the cherrywood would be but decided to give it a chance. Walmart has them on sale here in my hometown for $13 dunno if thats everywhere but thought id let yall know. Its a decent rod i guess...5'6 light. Sensitivity is pretty good just dont know how much i like the eyes on the pole. Feels like they should of added something else to them than just ring....

Hopefully the crappie start turnin on here, the rain really pushed em back

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the same rod last week. Well worth the money so far. I have a 10' Cherrywood jig pole and it is the best, and toughest, one I have ever had. It's as stiff as a catfish pole and sensitive as an ozark. I think these poles are overlooked because of the price, but they are worth triple, IMO.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of the Cherrywood rods. Like the ole' Texas Ranger once said, "It'll do to ride the river".
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Yea like i said its not a bad rod just the eyes on it kinda bother me. Was gonna grab the abu Garcia tournament rod but when I found the price of the Berkeley I couldn't pass it up

Post Thanks / Like

I had a cherrywood fly rod. It was great. I might get one of these for my ligh tsetup, as the quantum rod I am using now is too heavy and balances poorly. Thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 6 of those rods ,all are 5&1/2 ft ,that is about all I use now ,I shoot docks with them ,cast with them and jig over brush piles with them,as for the eyes they will hold up good,just wish the tip eye would have been a little smaller because I fish 1/32 jig 80 percent of the time and jig will go thru it, but most rods will do the same,too large of and eye.
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Yea i hear ya, im just not a fan on how the eyes feel when casting but its just a personal preference. A rod i really am liking is the cabelas classic im6 rod. super sensitive and can detect bites when the fish barely hits the lure.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2-6' light action Cherrywoods with Pflueger Presidential 20 reels on them and they are worth every penny so far, 3+lb bass and a couple of 5+ pound catfish have had to give it up to em'. Cast into the wind pretty decent and better than average sensitivity. And they are easy on the eyes to boot.

Will get a couple more just to have for backups.

Peace

CS
    Everyone must believe in something, I believe I'll go fishing.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had the 5-6 for a couple of years and love it.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Fished with it tonight a little bit more and I am really liking it. I said earlier that the cabelas classic rod was good but I take that back. Rod broke tonight.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast