Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hillsdale Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hillsdale Lake

Hi Guys/Gals! anyone having any luck out at Hillsdale Lake? Its been hit and miss for me this past spring. Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. Launched at Hillsdale Point and fished between 2-5pm. Fished the cove and outside. Went to various spots on the little bull. 4 people, one bite, one keeper.
    Didn't help that the trolling battery went from 4 bars down to none in 30mins and had to start tying up to hold position against the wind.
    Hoping for better days ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished HD from 9 to 4 today. Caught one crappie on a minnow in the HP cove. Caught 2 largemouths by riprap, then trolled the dam and caught 32 whites on cranks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, was out there this morning near the Wade Access Branch and caught one crappie, then headed to fish the bank off Harmony Rd and caught nothing but largemouths using Bobby Garland Baby Shad(electric chicken) Im determined to find these crappies, the weather looks promising the rest of the week. Tight Lines guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaArk Slabchaser View Post
    Fished HD from 9 to 4 today. Caught one crappie on a minnow in the HP cove. Caught 2 largemouths by riprap, then trolled the dam and caught 32 whites on cranks.
    Hey SeaArk that was me in the Basscat....I really like your boat setup and the way it trolled.....can't troll very slow with mine which sucks because I used to troll alot for walleyes and crappie.......I've got alot of cranks just collecting dust. We only ended up with 3 keeper crappie and the one walleye and countless whiteys....they are alot of fun on light tackle but I'm still trying to find those elusive crappie.
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Slabby, I sent you a PM. I tried to slow it with a drift sock but it was pulling the wrong way every other turn because of the breeze.

I went out again today. Caught 2 crappie in the morning, then back to the whites on the dam. I used a lighter rod today so it was more fun in the fight.

It was warm and calm today. :-)