Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: " Homemade Fish Attractor's "

Post Thanks / Like

Default " Homemade Fish Attractor's "

About two and a half years ago I built and sunk some structure I made out of bamboo cemented in 5 gal buckets. I placed them in areas where I always catch fish, about ten feet deep away from any visual natural structure , hopefully creating a honey hole only I knew about. The problem is I haven't caught any fish off of them, not one!! Their still there I can see them on sonar, and I have caught fish 50 to 60 feet on either side of them in natural structure, but never on them.. Was wondering if any of you guy's have built similar structure and had success, and if so what is your thought's on where I went wrong??Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367785460.337704.jpg
Views: 37108
Size:  85.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you can make a good spot better with additional cover. Adding cover in an area where you haven't caught fish is always a dice roll. I've caught fish for 25 years around the same PVC I dropped in a private lake in Texas. It's in about 10 feet of water and I can catch Crappie around it year round. I've also dropped brush that I've never been able to catch a fish around.

I'm sure I'll die in my 80's and still know very little about Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Sure looks to me like you did everything right. I've never tried to make those though. I always thought the snag proof PVC set up would be the ticket. I have had great results with sinking cedar trees with a brick tied to the bottom and a small bottle tied to the top. They're a little harder to hide from everyone and far from snag proof!

Post Thanks / Like

Dropped some just like those at smith lake
    Last year out from the pier in about 25' of water
    Mine was about 12' tall an Cought fish in three
    Week on them..

Post Thanks / Like

pvc is a crap shoot in my experience especially when you're that close to natural cover. I've had good luck with wood stake beds near natural cover but very little with pvc. might not be a bad idea to come back in the same area with something constructed of some kind of hardwood whether it be a tree top or stakes. If you mix the two of them it may work out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some just like this (bamboo) in Neely Henry and we catch alot of fish from them at times, mostly small though. Built some just like it but used Cedar instead and catch bigger fish from them.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Found this after a little further research. It's a good read but seems like a little more work than a cedar tree, a brick and a bottle.
    FISH HABITAT
    Never hurts to try both and see which one does best though. Hope I've helped!

Post Thanks / Like

me and tenncrappie have put out everything from bamboo to cedar to pvc, we have had better luck with the cedar and bamboo, one day we put some out in the rain and no one was at the ramp, next time we went there was 2 guys wearing them out on that cedar tree, lol