Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mothers here on c.com

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mothers here on c.com

Motherhood is the highest calling a woman will ever know. I want to wish all the wonderful mothers here a blessed and happy Mother's Day. A mother will share Christian worship, love,and feelings, with one another and over the issues of life that involve other people. Proverbs 31: 26 “She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.” Let me share with you what my mother taught me when she opened her mouth and spoke. I hope all you reading this will share a thing or two about your mother also.

My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.: "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning the carpet."

My mother taught me LOGIC: " Because I said so, that's why."

My mother taught me CAUSE AND EFFECT: "Keep on crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION: "Just wait until we get home."

My mother taught me FORESIGHT: "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

My mother taught me RELIGION: "You better pray I don’t tell your father what you did!”

My mother taught me THRIFT: She could make a $1.00 out of 15 Cents

My mother taught me DIGNITY: We lived below poverty level and yet set fashion trends.

My mother taught me FLEXIBILITY: She could go from the boardroom to the 'hood and "keep it real" in both places.

My mother taught me VOCABULARY: She would slap the taste for cuss words right out of your mouth.

My mother taught me DEPENDABILITY: She could work full time while finishing school, raising respectful and intelligent children, be active in the PTA, be the pastor's secretary, and the choir president and a make it all seem effortless.

My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL: "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" carpet."

My mother taught me about JUSTICE: "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you”

My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE: "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

Most of all, My mother taught me about JESUS: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Very well Said Ship RR.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought mothers day was next Sunday?
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not celebrate our Mothers all week?

Awesome post BTW.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Young Gun View Post
    I thought mothers day was next Sunday?
    It is! By that time there should be many well wishes for them. You have a mother every day.........why not tell them and appreciate them instead of worrying which day to say it on. Sheeskalambooskala

Post Thanks / Like

I remember some of those so well

My mother used to say "If you can stay out all night you can get up and work all day"

Post Thanks / Like

You had me scared for a minute Ship, I thought I had screwed up and forgot it then I realized what you were doing and my heart started beating again. Great post Sir!!!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My mom passed this past August, she got my first fishing reel with" top value" stamps . Going to be a tough Sunday . Never take life for granted .Go see you mom while you can . We had a great relationship till the end and I will never forget her/and her teachings, love etc. .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post
    My mom passed this past August, she got my first fishing reel with" top value" stamps . Going to be a tough Sunday . Never take life for granted .Go see you mom while you can . We had a great relationship till the end and I will never forget her/and her teachings, love etc. .
    I know how you feel. My mother passed in 1982 and since then not a day goes by when I don't think of her. I will always cherish her love, smile, and wisdom she passed on to me. Every night I thank God for my mother. Remember and cherish her life and her memory.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My Mom passed in ;96 and I miss her every day and talk with her often. Were it not for her I would not have learned many things in life. Important things like patience, fairness, and compassion, among many others. She also taught me how to cook and listened more than anyone I can remember. God got a good one when she left.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast