Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rainy day boat test.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rainy day boat test.

I got the boat water ready and this year u moved the big fishfinder to the front on the troller. Yesterday it rained about 5(?) inches, then slowed in the afternoon. I really wanted to get on the water, even if the air temp was only 43 degrees. Put on my winter clothes and raingear and went fishing. For some reason, I had the Lake to myself. I found the crappie in 15 feet just outside the spawning bays. I went shallow, but didn't catch anything there. You can see from the picture, some of the males are BLACK. I was only looking find fish to bring the kids back in a couple of days, when the air temp is to hit 65.

Post Thanks / Like

goodjob and report i know all about them boat test i have a skeeter wth 15m0 pro v and i find myself testing mine alot 63 mph on the water gf says i hve a nd 4 spd
    fishing from the couch in front of the tv doesnt count

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the fish finder worked good. And, your manner and method of bait seems to have caught their eye and mouths. You never did mention how the actual boat test went. No real matter on that. There is always a paddle, oars or trolling motor if the main propulsion system fails, well that is if the battery is charged. Then have to revert to the old fashoned "arm and strong back" method.

We are heading to "up north" WI in about three weeks for the summer. Will be up in Arbor Vitae. Hope to do some slab catching, too. Maybe will be as fortunate as you during our boat test. Just have to make sure we have the fishing poles in the boat for the boat test... Come to think of it, that is a rule in WI.
    Fishing is relaxing and fun, but catching is when it really becomes fun!