Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: staying on fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Default staying on fish?

i spider rig, exclusively. once i catch a fish, whether i've marked them or not, i struggle to stay on them and catch another one from the same group. when i mark them i generally circle back in the direction the si tells me they were. could sure use some help on this.

Post Thanks / Like

First off, fish are not always schooled up and stacked up. Just because you catch one doesn't mean that a lot more are always there......if it were that simple people would always limit out in one spot. Sometimes you just gotta cover water and work hard to bang out a limit..........
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have crappie fished a large portion of my adult life and can count on one hand the number of times I have caught multiple (more than 2-3) crappie from one small area at one time. That said, quackrstackr and I caught 36 keepers recently on KY Lake from a spot no larger than 20 yards square in one hour while longlining.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I can usually pull 3 to 5 fish from a really good spot. When the bite is absent I move on.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

I don.t spider rig but no matter how you fish ,don,t stay in one spot but a short while if you are not getting hit. Most of us are looking for the few that are active,of coarse when fish are not active,like cold ft ,then you will have to try to coach then out. I have watch many set much of the day in one area trying to get bit,as for me I say their are too many fish in the sea to stay here while another is willing, like said a few here and there and you will have a plenty in a day, some days I do catch many in one spot and while they are biting I will stay there and when they slow down I move ,may come back later but not too often because I know too many places
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

I use my GPSS to stay on a spot where I have caught fish, I have caught as many as 40 to 50 in one spot, usually on some of my brush I put out , which is marked on my GPSS, I may stay on one spot 2 hour or just 5 minutes, depends on what the fish are doing, Sometime its one or two fish then move on to the next spot, I dont stay much more than 10 minutes if I'm not catching fish. I got so many spots, that I cant hit them all in one day, so I dont mind moving on to the next one, Keep moving till I find biting fish.