Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I pilot question.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I pilot question.

I finally decided to get an Ipilot to put on my new boat. I have been using a Autopilot a very long time but needed a bigger motor for my new 20' bassboat and decided to go ahead and get a Ipilot. Anyway, I am fully aware of all the capabilities of the Ipilot but have one question on the "record a track" feature. I know you can troll around and recored a track for up to 2 miles and then hit either trach to beginning or track to end and the motor will follow the same course. I want to know if you can record a track with your trolling motor in the stowed position, lets say I wanted to follow a specific contour on my chartplotter at the console, could I hit the "track" button with the trolling motor still stowed and drive the contour, stop the track, then drop my trolling motor and press "track to start"? Will this work, just curious? I am going to play with it when I recieve it but I know some of yall know so i fugured I would just ask. Thanks
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Not stowed I dont think. Also, when you hit start track be sitting down, it will go to the beginning of that track in the RABBIT mode!!!!!
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    Not stowed I dont think. Also, when you hit start track be sitting down, it will go to the beginning of that track in the RABBIT mode!!!!!
    I thought you could choose which way it followed the track. Like from beginning to end or from end to beginning??

Post Thanks / Like

Terrova or Power Drive? When the Terrova in stowed position it automatically cut the power so it doesn’t drain batteries, when the power drive is stowed position you have to unplug it or it will stay powered up. I run a Terrova and have thought about putting it in the water while trolling with big motor to record track but haven’t tried it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

101lb terrova........If the power cuts off in the stowed posititon I guess I will have to lower the unit and troll with the big motor like you said to record a track faster.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Young Gun View Post
    I thought you could choose which way it followed the track. Like from beginning to end or from end to beginning??
    dont think you can reverse course but I may be wrong on that, no matter when you push that button to start the track it will go to its starting point wide open and then slow down once you reach it. Was a shock the first time I done it. Longlining and pulling cranks it does awesome.
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    dont think you can reverse course but I may be wrong on that, no matter when you push that button to start the track it will go to its starting point wide open and then slow down once you reach it. Was a shock the first time I done it. Longlining and pulling cranks it does awesome.
    I am pretty sure you can. I dont havnt seen my remote yet but there should be 2 buttons that work the track back feature. One that trackt to start, and one that tracks to end........atleast thats what the Minn Kota website says. If I have to go back to the start of a mile long track everytime I want to run the track then using the trackback feature isnt what I thought and I am going to be dissappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Makes sense, will check it out. I use it mainly when pulling back up on a spot the next morning.
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

You can run that track from the beginning or the end. Also, you can come into the track from the middle and track to the beginning or end of it.

Post Thanks / Like

You can record a track, but you need to deploy the trolling motor, then use the lock collar to keep the motor out of the water. Run your track with the big motor while in the record mode, then you can drop the trolling motor and go to "track start" or "track end". I always try and use my GPS trail to get as close as I can to the recorded track. That way you avoid the trolling motor making fast speeds and course corrections.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast