Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Purvis 5-2-13 when it's right it's right

Post Thanks / Like

Default Purvis 5-2-13 when it's right it's right

Fished Purvis today and it was just one of those days. I had my limit by 7:30 and no telling how many more I caught. They were thick as thieves between the docks and bank, and I caught them just at the right time before the cold front came thru. I went hog hunting on the bluffs to no avail and then went back to the docks in the rain and caught some more for fun. The dirty water is making the fishing really good because they do not get spooked as easy. If you can shoot, ship, sling, or dip under the cables then you should find plenty of fish. The water temp was 58 to 61 and at this rate they will still be spawning in June. I was using a blue glitter/ yellow tube and a blue/white umbrella tube but I don't think the jig choice mattered much. It will be interesting how they bite after this cold front.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished south of the hurricane deck bridge yesterday and caught my limit of 11"+ fish in front of four dock plus probably a limit of keeper fish. Your right about them not being spooky. I tried to not use the trolling motor and caught some good fish right at the boat. I was using a watermelon with chartreuse tail slider. I fished the same docks Sunday and only caught males. Last night I had both males and females. I think the front will just make them wait. Maybe back them out some too.

Post Thanks / Like

way to go guys

Post Thanks / Like

pretty darn good fishing, sounds like a lot of fun. congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Lil Baby, I'm planning to be in that neck of the woods on Tuesday and Wednesday and was hoping that you might recommend a place to launch in that area. Prefer the north side of the lake. Thanks in advance for your help<;}}}}}><
    FISH ON......... inspired by river monsters around the globe.......

Post Thanks / Like

You can launch at the Lighthouse Marina, Sliver Sands Marina, or there is another ramp around the corner before Brush Creek. The only place I launch at is the Light House it is only 5 bucks includes in and out. There is a fish mail box you can put your money in. Find a shallow stretch of docks and work the front of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks much for the info........ Looking at Mabey trying Wigwam school mdc ramp as it is closer to my buddies cabin. Have you ever put in there? I heard last year that it was high and dry!

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of it. Whats the cost and what road is it on so I can google directions

Post Thanks / Like

Area Summary

here is the MDC link, it is a free ramp but you'll have to drive about 1.5 miles on a gravel road.