Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you have non-permanent rod holders for spider rigging?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can you have non-permanent rod holders for spider rigging?

I have a Pantera 2 Bass Cat that, up until lately, I have used to bass fish. As I get older, I find that I am much enjoying catching a few crappie. I mostly have been utilizing my electronics to find brush piles and vertical jigging plastics. Reading here about spider rigging has me curious and wanting to try it. I don't see many fishing that way here on Old Hickory Lake or Percy Preist Lake in Middle TN where I spend most of my time fishing. So, I'm looking to you "pros" to guide me along.

Is there a way to rig up pole holders for spider rigging on my boat without permanently mounting them? (I still want to be able to bass fish when I get the urge) How would you suggest I do it? Any tips you might give me that would get me started would be very appreciated

Thanks
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Yes many companys make them.
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You can remove Hi-Tek rod holders very easily...just loosen one half inch bolt and slide them out of the base. Nothing left but a quarter inch thick base plate about two and a half by five. www.hitekstuff.com
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g";2319927]you can remove hi-tek rod holders very easily...just loosen one half inch bolt and slide them out of the base. Nothing left but a quarter inch thick base plate about two and a half by five. [url="http://www.hitekstuff.com
    www.hitekstuff.com[/url]
    x3
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

A picture is worth a thousand words... My tite-loc rod holder bases.
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

We can fix you up and you will not even have to drill any holes. Two minutes on and two minutes off with no scratches or holes drilled. These bases are secure and will allow you to fish with ease. Check them out at our website Extreme Fishing Concepts or give us a call at 336-249-6782.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have bass boat that sometimes crappie fishes.I love my Hi-Teks !! The base plates are small and I was able to locate them forward enough that my knee hasn't hit one yet while landing a bass.I made a dual seat rig that works great also.I can send pics if it would help.FYI...I love bass fishing but since learning a little about crappie fishing and trolling,I've darn near converted!Been to two bass tournaments all year...have not pleasure fished for bass once this year.BE CAREFUL...this stuff is addictive.

2000 ProCraft 210 SuperPro DC w/Merc 250 ProXB
    Hi-Tek rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

Check out these rod holder bases that attach to existing cleats on your boat

Extreme Fishing Concepts

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased one off of ebay that fits to your seat post. I didn't want to drill any more hole into the boat deck. Custom Aluminum 4 Rod Holder thru Seat Post Spider Rig | eBay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast