Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gps

Hey Everybody, Can someone help me with finding a gps that I can use in my
    car & use it in my boat too! I'm trying to not buy 2 units. Thank ya'll for your help.
    Diamond Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jim:

The Garmin Map76 has a base map with streets and highways and it's a great unit for fishing. The base map also has a rough outline of bigger lakes but if you want detailed maps of the lakes you fish you'll need to purchase and upload them.

There are several types of mounts available for the Map76 so you can have a mount in your vehicle and one in your boat. There's even one for a motorcylcle or bicycle handlebar, which also works on round boat railings.

They are a little bulky to carry in your pocket but would fit easily in a fanny pack or back pack for hiking or hunting.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I like my Garmin Legend. It is just in black and white and the screen is kind of small, but it works great in the woods, in the truck, and of course, on the water. I bought mine at www.gpsdiscount.com I bought the package with the rechargable batteries. My Legend hooks into my Hummingbird Matrix 37, so I have a larger screen when fishing. I won't go fishing without it.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a lowrance H20. It's great for both. You might want to shell out the bucks for the mapcreate software, It should have all the streets, and probably almost all the lakes you fish. Very handy.

Post Thanks / Like

I had an Etrex Legend and it was a great little GPS but the screen on the Map 76 is so much easier to see I would spend a few extra bucks and get the Map 76.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gps

Just want to say thank you to everyone that responded to my question about gps's! I fish lake Eufaula,Al. lake Harding, & West Point.

Diamond Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I have a garmin 76C and use it both in the boat and truck.
    It will beep when your within 1/2 mile of a turn and then again at 1/4 mile and then when you need to turn.
    But you can program it where you like it.
    Pete